So I Got An Arowana

USMCtanker

seattle transhiper said:
i loose money but its just a matter of a few pennies ,my feeder goldfish here are taken care of as they were going to be pets,

they get feed trout chow ,if they look rough when i get them in i use erythromycin on them ,that's the spendy part ,and i like to feed them metronidazole flakes and feed them to my fish here ,kinda like gut loading a cricket,

i had a red belly for 13 years ,i know what its like to get a bad batch of feeders

sure glad i sell the arowana fast here ,the feeder mouse thing sounds nasty
yes i can say the 2 times i got feeders from u i never had a problem an they all looked 100% keep up the good work lol. saves me time lol keep good care of ur stuff an even ur little feeders may cost u more but it will score point with customers in no time, like my self. so in time it will make money. bc as all those arrows u sell, when they get bigger im sure some of the customers will come back for feeders.
lol the mouse was nasty but cool to watch to. as full grow arrow in the wild eat all kinda stuff from small birds to small rodents.

USMCtanker

hbluehunter said:
I used to feed my 1st Jardini feeders for along time when i first got it until i learned about all the bad disease and stuff they carry.. As far as the worms go i learned from a member on MFK can't remember who it was right now about gut loading worms.. Make a bowl of oatmeal, cool it down and instant worm chow..lol Better than feeding worms full of dirt..
lol yep yep, i heard it there to, dont remember who. but i do this offten. i was reading a book the other day on stringray breeders (freashwater stingray by aqualog) an they add stuff like calcium powders an things dusted on food as well. kida like u do for reptiles

hbluehunter

Yea i did it with a couple picky wild caught marbles i had imported.. Finally after months of gut loading Wally World worms they took to the tilapia fillets.. Thank god, it got expensive buying 3-4 containers of worms a week..

USMCtanker

hbluehunter said:
Yea i did it with a couple picky wild caught marbles i had imported.. Finally after months of gut loading Wally World worms they took to the tilapia fillets.. Thank god, it got expensive buying 3-4 containers of worms a week..
lol ya, im looking at starting a 20 gal to breed blackworms for pups. gonna get a huge box of earthworms an get some blue bins an try to breed them my self. for my juvil rays. then ill set up a 55 or maybe my 100gal in garage an breed some tilapia for the larger rays. this is the plan lol. also to gut load all these. have read alot that geting rays to breed has alot to do with stable water conditions an most of all a good diet an always being full. lol if there looken for food there not thinken about u know what. so if there fat an happy all they can think about it doing the nasty lol. an i want them to do the nasty. turn on some berry white put a sheet over the tank an turn in the moon light lol. but i guess having a good variety diet is a big part to helping rays to breed. tried feeding them a sand crab. lol they didnt know what to think of it. didnt take tho. so my 2 gars loved the sand crab tho.

Wolf-Keeper1

I believe it's a silver. Although I know Bobby gets tons of wild caught fish like the payara I'm not sure about this one. It has a yellow tint to the fins I haven't seen before around the edges. Anyway what would make you think wild caught?

protocl

Dark in body colour, bu I think you have a black, not silver.
Wow, yellow edged fins? Never seen this. Mine has red.

Wolf-Keeper1

That would be cool if it was a black. But none the less I'm way happy with it either way.

Transhipper- I am very pleased with my fish. I am totaly stoked about them all. I do have to say I wish I would have been able to visit your store today I was so close I was in everett. But I left the area around 10:30 you don't open till 12. It wouldn't have been a problem but I had fish with me and an hour and a half drive back. Still I will make it to your store. Are you open the day after christmas?

i should be open then,

i wasn't open to long today i may have told you i was bleaching my hair and beard to be Santa Claus for charity events and regular Santa stuff,there was a toy drive in silver lake and Santa had to be there ,

i could not believe the turn out and the amount of toys that were donated,absolutely heart warming ,i have never done anything like this in my life,

http://www.sarahkayphoto.com

this is the lady that im working with,

its been a real blessed day ,

i see your postings and im happy that your happy ,

even though i try to sell these fish ,i very much enjoy putting each of my 45 tanks together .kind of like folks do @ home ,but a bit more extreme,

one thing i ask on the holidays is if you still have shopping to do ,then ill prepare the fish as if i were shipping on a 2 day trip,never a worry with that,

it has been mentioned to me as a result of my last disaster posting that i cannot advertise to sell until i become a sponsor ,for now im fine with sharing the hobby and most importantly never give anyone advise ,i will only share experience

check out that website its pretty fun,

Wolf-Keeper1

Oh and thanks I think it's pretty cool. Any advice on how to get him to eat pellets an prepared foods I'm having a hard time.

Oh and for a gar aswell.

protocl

Starvation.

That is the only way to get a stubborn silver onto pellets.

I say: black, but if it is a silver, very niice yellow in it's tail. Never seen that, besisdes a HS silver with yellow.