SNOWPOCALYPS or SNOWMAGEDON?

fishman09

madness said:
fishman09 said:
looking at about 18-20" in my front yard right now. we got about 16" last night
Whatever! I wanted that much. I watch the radar from 7 a.m. to present, and this huge front went right over Chehalis and then made a right hand turn East right below us. :x
ive never seen so much damn snow :affraid: . goes all the way up to my knees. our road crew suck so bad

czeiszler

I haven't measured the snow but we have at least 8 inches. Its still snowing too. :D The kids love it. My dog loves it he won't come in all he wants to do is run and jump and throw it with his nose and his sister hates it. She barely wants to go out to use the bathroom. No school and my husband telecommuted to work. Planning to enjoy all this snow well we have it.

Madness

Staff member
fishman09 said:
madness said:
fishman09 said:
looking at about 18-20" in my front yard right now. we got about 16" last night
Whatever! I wanted that much. I watch the radar from 7 a.m. to present, and this huge front went right over Chehalis and then made a right hand turn East right below us. :x
ive never seen so much damn snow :affraid: . goes all the way up to my knees. our road crew suck so bad
I dont believe you, I want a picture. :) I know have the girlfriend walk out into it, and if she disappears, than I will believe you. :lmfao: :lmfao: But seriously how bout a pic.

In fact, since we are all at home comparing locals, how about we add pics too. :D

JimA

We got about 15" at our place in Bellingham,temps went down to 11* last night and sitting at 26 or so now. That North wind be freakin cold up here.

Madness

Staff member
Dang, I heard you guys were cold up there. Went out to take a couple pics, and it is freakin raining. Whats up with that? :x

Pictures:
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

Betty

Staff member
We had about 8 1/2 inches in the back yard. I had to shovel a path and a spot for our short little basset hound to take care of business.
Some pictures.
71738e92.jpg

f98a9068.jpg

df24d6fd.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Cool pics! Great idea, we should all post some of our stuck at home photos.

fishman09

heres a couple pics. its rained here too for a couple hours so weve had some melt but still a ton of snow.
DSC05610.jpg

for a reference that fence is about 4 feet tall
DSC05613.jpg

czeiszler

Icicles on the porch
snomag10.jpg

My Garbage can
snomag11.jpg

Front porch railing
snomag12.jpg

55 gallon fish tank
snomag13.jpg

Trees in the driveway that usually you can't see over them.
snomag14.jpg

More trees in the driveway
snomag15.jpg

More icicles above the garage looks like the snow bent the gutter too.
snomag16.jpg

Girls picnic table
snomag17.jpg

Roof over the porch
snomag18.jpg

My oldsmobile
snomag19.jpg

My husbands scirocco
snomag20.jpg

Ratlova30

We got about a foot. Feel so bad for the feral cats, everyone is huddled in the shelter and I try and keep food and water stocked so that they dont have to venture out. Even the chickens thought it was too much and refused to leave the coop

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, this morning it was a sheet of ice. My driveway and road getting out to the main roads were dangerous. Once on the main roads not too bad but I still took it slow. Got to work in Lakewood and had a couple power hiccups and and the parking lot is an ice rink. Not looking forward to the drive home tonight!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Seems quiet here today, I wonder how many are without power....

fishman09

have had any snow here since yesterday morning just rain but still have about a foot on the ground or so. been lucky to have no power problems

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The freezing rain had turned to hail and was sticking so my work decided to close and send everyone home. Main roads were starting to get slick. The back road to our house was bad and it took three attempts to get up the small slope into our garage. But I have power, for now.

Ratlova30

Well we had a power outage at 6pm last night that lasted til nine and then another one at 4am today that lasted till 10am. I have to say that once the power came back on things started getting scary. First we had a huge branch break off our maple tree and it fell on the chicken pen fence, completely destroyed the fencing and bend the t-posts. Then a half hour later heard very loud crackling and it kept getting louder and louder. An even huger maple branch broke off and fell on our roof. I dove for cover under my desk, thought the rood was going to cave in, sounded like an explosion almost.

Stay safe everyone, I was outside beating off the 3in layer of ice that completely encrusted my moms car and large evergreen branches were crashing down all around me.

JimA

Ratlova30 said:
Well we had a power outage at 6pm last night that lasted til nine and then another one at 4am today that lasted till 10am. I have to say that once the power came back on things started getting scary. First we had a huge branch break off our maple tree and it fell on the chicken pen fence, completely destroyed the fencing and bend the t-posts. Then a half hour later heard very loud crackling and it kept getting louder and louder. An even huger maple branch broke off and fell on our roof. I dove for cover under my desk, thought the rood was going to cave in, sounded like an explosion almost.

Stay safe everyone, I was outside beating off the 3in layer of ice that completely encrusted my moms car and large evergreen branches were crashing down all around me.
Carefull out there one guy already died from a tree coming down.