SNOWPOCALYPS or SNOWMAGEDON?

Ratlova30

Couple more huge branches fell on the house, lots of diving for cover. Our huge maple isn't so huge anymore, not sure if it will survive. A friends maple tree fell over onto her fathers truck. Not a good year for maples.

Doza

We have had a good 20" here in Port Angeles!
Its hard to say because the last few days snow has been compacted and snowed on a few times! Go for a 10 min drive up Hurricane ridge and its a winter wonder land!! :p

Heres a video of me out in the snow In Port Angeles with 4 others!
You can say the road was a bit icy!! lol
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150488731201569

sandnuka

Yep, its snowy... I love our media, how they make it sound like the end of the world they have to take over a channel all day! HAHAHA! this state is sooo funny..... We do have allot of hills though, that kinda sucks, and trees.... but come on, its less than 2 feet most places.

I gotta go to work tomorrow and repair peoples cable TV. God forbid we loose television in this weather! lol

mrsashleyodell

Sandnuka, I had the same thought as I was looking at online news. They're making the storm sound much scarier than it is. Sure, it snowed more than we're used to (less than a foot here) and the roads were icy, but most people seemed to have stayed home. I only went out to take my husband to the hospital, go back home to grab some things, and then drive him back home a few days later (Sun-Wed). The roads were mostly deserted, which was good because the ice made stopping impossible in some areas. That said, it wasn't the worse storm we've had in western Washington. I'm just glad our power hasn't gone out. It's been flickering over the past 24 hours. I don't have anywhere to go, so my fish would be SOL.

Gryphon

Here in Des Moines / Normandy Park area (1st and 199th) we had about 6-7 inches heres. Power was stable until this morning, we've had quite a few transformers blow in the neighborhood. My work closed last 3 days so I didn't get out at all. I spent 30 minutes this morning clearing snow and ice off my truck that was layered. I had to take a mini-baseball bat to break the layer of ice in the snow to get it cleared off.

Luckily the power outages have been short and I've only had to re-prime my Aquaclear 20 filter each time quick enough that I shouldn't have lost any BBs.

Madness

Staff member
Two days later, and power is back on. Lost over 80% of my fry, and just 1 pleco. So not bad. :) I will have to update some photos of the same shot as my last to show all the down branches. My back yard is about 110' wide and about 75' deep. Id estimate that about 75% of it is covered in trees. 12' left on one of them and, crash right on the house, or about 15' right on another and crash right on the house.

As frustrating as it was losing so many of my little ones, it could have been worse. :)

sandnuka

well it looks like its coming to an end... I was out on the roads all day today for work and it wasnt bad at all.... the plows took care of all the major roads, the residential areas sucked... I got stuck 3 times.... but for driving all over the east side I thought it would be worse..... anyway, it all seemed slushy and is only gonna get warmer throughout the night... WOOOOOOPY!!! good bye white sh!!!!!t

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness, sorry for your loss! :(

I have had power and have been helping out friends who have lost it. So our place has been like a bed and breakfast with hot meals and showers for everyone.

aaronfeeney

Just got my power back, been out since 6am thursday, got a generator yesterday afternoon, only lost 1 fish. But, it was my big Bocourti.. bummed me out.

Betty

Staff member
Finally! 75 miserable hours without power. Just me, one dog and one cat, and 13 tanks of fish. We're all still alive. :D