Snakehead Or Wolf Fish

Wolf-Keeper1

hbluehunter said:
I wanna say the smaller bowfin's were like $25 and the bigger ones were 40-50.. I never really looked at the price if the others, but you might be able to wheel and deal a bit being they've had them for awhile.
Thanks, I could deal with that. If it was in the hundreds that may take some descision making lol.

sandnuka

I think the red high fin ones they had were like 70 bucks... pretty expensive... I think.... I knew I looked at the price and thought they were really expensive fish.... but then they are super rare for pet stores to carry. but defineltly not in the 100's :) tell us when you get him, and take some pictures, Im excited for you!

Ashley

Yeah whatever you get do take pics. And I'm sure you already know this but bowfin are cold water so make sure you drop the temp in your tank and make sure if you have any other fish in there, they can handle that!

hbluehunter

Yea what Ashley said, but check and see what temp they have them in, they might already have them acclimated to regular tank temp..

Wolf-Keeper1

sandnuka said:
I think the red high fin ones they had were like 70 bucks... pretty expensive... I think.... I knew I looked at the price and thought they were really expensive fish.... but then they are super rare for pet stores to carry. but defineltly not in the 100's :) tell us when you get him, and take some pictures, Im excited for you!
I will def let you guys know when i get it. Sould be this week fingers crossed

Ashley said:
Yeah whatever you get do take pics. And I'm sure you already know this but bowfin are cold water so make sure you drop the temp in your tank and make sure if you have any other fish in there, they can handle that!
Thanks for the heads up, you've been so helpful with allmy questions i appreciate that a bunch!

hbluehunter said:
Yea what Ashley said, but check and see what temp they have them in, they might already have them acclimated to regular tank temp..
Will do, thanks for your help, and info!

Wolf-Keeper1

There Holding one for me till tommorow. A wolf fish. Now I'm kinda stuck. Cause they don't get that big so
depending on what I see I may get a bowfin instead either way I'm excited!!

shua

keep us updated

and are you talkin about the red hifins that they have very cool bad ask fish

sandnuka

PICTURES! dont forget, soon as you get 'em... I want to see it! The wolf stays smaller, but just looks so hard core! bowfin look awesome too, I was gonna get one, but then I remember i love cichlids too much to use a big tank for one MEAN fish.

Wolf-Keeper1

Ok I couldn't pull the trigger. I tried so hard to make myself get it. But when I was there and talking to the guy. And we both ened up with the same conclusion. That a 10" fish in a 125 would just be weird lol. I ended up getting a bowfin. They get bigger and the guy said he would put the bowfin as meaner then the wolf. Sorry guys. I tried I really did but I couldn't pull the trigger.

I will say though I may buy another tank maybe a 55 or something just for the wolf. I couldn't do it this time around.

Wolf-Keeper1

I will try to get pics tonight. I have to throw a party for my sister. I just walked in and the bowfin is chilling in the bucket. The store had there tank at 76 mine is at 77. So I'm going to transfer some fish and then get some lights. So give me a few hours and I'll snap sone pics for everyone.

sandnuka

I didnt know you were thinkin of puttin just the wolf in a 125gal... that would be a pretty big waste of a tank! lol.... definetly better to get the bowfin... i wonder if you can get another one and pair them, you probably got enough room in that tank? How much was the price on the wolf and bowfin, just so everyone knows.

Wolf-Keeper1

The bowfin was 39.99 and the wolf was 89.99. I really wanted it I'll have to get another tank though. Oh and I had absoultly no idea that flowerhorns got that big. I though they where palm sized. Anyway still no pic yet. I have a house full of young women. But I will get some tommorow at the latest.

TRD_Power

God bless fish you have to worry about putting your hand in the same tank with. Can't wait to get some fully grown Goliath African Tiger Fish. I'm thinking about building a tank filled with caves and getting some Wolf Fish. Get some pics up!

sandnuka

Well I saw one more beautiufl high red fin wolf fish left at pet pourri..... 89.99 .... they mustve sold the other :)

Wolf-Keeper1

sandnuka said:
Well I saw one more beautiufl high red fin wolf fish left at pet pourri..... 89.99 .... they mustve sold the other :)
Man that really sucks, it just makes me want to get it even more. I need more tanks lol and bigger lol. Although something tells me i'll never have enough lol.