Snakehead Or Wolf Fish

Wolf-Keeper1

Does anyone know of any fish, similar to these two? I really like the wolf fish cause the thing looks crazy it's mouth just screams danger zone. Same with the snake head.I know these arent fish I can get at the lfs but what out there is similar to these fish?

Anyway I'm looking for something pretty fierce for the new tank. 72x18x22

shua

you can get wolf fish lots of places have them there pricey but like you said dope

another op would be a lung fish mean as eff and if you plan on up grading to a much bigger tank than a payara or a African tiger fish and if you dont know what this is google it and remember that there is several kinds of this fish all you are going to see is huge bad asses

Wolf-Keeper1

Ashley said:
That is tite i just did a quick read might do a little more looking into on that one. Thanks You rock.

shua said:
you can get wolf fish lots of places have them there pricey but like you said dope

another op would be a lung fish mean as eff and if you plan on up grading to a much bigger tank than a payara or a African tiger fish and if you dont know what this is google it and remember that there is several kinds of this fish all you are going to see is huge bad asses

I dont know why i was under the impression wolf fish were illegal? Hm...

As far as the other two lol I've seen them doing some searching a much, much, much bigger tank indeed, probably the size of my fish room lol.
I must say i did not know lungfish where savage, i honestly would have never guessed. But thats why I'm here is to learn.

Thanks for your info, i may ask aquarium paradise if the can get any wolf fish, that would be ideal.

shua

ohhhh yeah lungs are MEAN as it gets bosif and down @ Aquarius world in white center there are two blacks that are good size and mean as all hell and also in everett there are a few reds @ pet pourie ~they also have some lungs and bowfin gl and have fun choosing a new pred it can be ruff

shua

oh and also there are diffrent kinds or payara and ATF
Payara Armatus~ or Payara scombs they dont get as big even though aquascapeonline will tell you otherwise, you are looking @ about a 20 to 25" fish

and as for ATF Goliath or Zambezi

and i think there are more kinds for boyh of them as well but hope to sway you toward big tanks its the only way to go lol

Wolf-Keeper1

shua said:
ohhhh yeah lungs are MEAN as it gets bosif and down @ Aquarius world in white center there are two blacks that are good size and mean as all hell and also in everett there are a few reds @ pet pourie ~they also have some lungs and bowfin gl and have fun choosing a new pred it can be ruff
Thanks i just youtube some lungfish there pretty crazy looking, a mix between a worm snake and eel ha doesnt really even look like a fish lol.

shua said:
oh and also there are diffrent kinds or payara and ATF
Payara Armatus~ or Payara scombs they dont get as big even though aquascapeonline will tell you otherwise, you are looking @ about a 20 to 25" fish

and as for ATF Goliath or Zambezi

and i think there are more kinds for boyh of them as well but hope to sway you toward big tanks its the only way to go lol

Man That Payara armatus was pretty savage looking those teeth are nuts!

Thanks for your input, looking for a predator will be harder then i thought, i thought my dovii was pretty tough lol.

shua

and from what ive heard they can live out of water for 3 months or maybe longer i dont remember exactly

sandnuka

There is "pet pourri" up here in everett that has bowfin and wolf.... they arent too bad in price... they have a whole wall for aquatic predators now... very cool...

Wolf-Keeper1

shua said:
and from what ive heard they can live out of water for 3 months or maybe longer i dont remember exactly
The lungfish or all of them?

sandnuka said:
There is "pet pourri" up here in everett that has bowfin and wolf.... they arent too bad in price... they have a whole wall for aquatic predators now... very cool...
I was always scared to travel too far to get fish cause I thought they would die in the bag from no oxygen. But it sounds like some people do it all the time. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Ashley

^^^ Wolf keeper. Just to be safe coming from spanaway I would just get like a 5gal bucket or a cooler would be even better and just get a battery powered air pump and hook an air stone in there. People travel from different states doing just that. They might be fine in just the bag but it wouldn't hurt to get an air stone.

Wolf-Keeper1

Ashley said:
^^^ Wolf keeper. Just to be safe coming from spanaway I would just get like a 5gal bucket or a cooler would be even better and just get a battery powered air pump and hook an air stone in there. People travel from different states doing just that. They might be fine in just the bag but it wouldn't hurt to get an air stone.
Ha i didnt even know they made battery operated ones. Do you know where i could find one? Would a new bucket from home depot suffice?

Ashley

Yeah I'm sure just a bucket would do...as long as you are just getting small fish. I will suggest pet pourii, they have some cool red wolfs and I don't know if the bowfin are still there. It would be worth your drive though. I know they have the battery powered air pumps online for cheap (I included a link for ya) and I don't know if they have them at just pet shops. I have never seen them, but I haven't been looking either.

http://www.petco.com/product/7400/Penn-Plax-Silent-Air-B10-Battery-Air-Pump.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMGoogleProdAd-_-Fish-_-Penn+Plax-_-144100&mr:trackingCode=6FC10A1B-54EB-DE11-974B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&GANTrackingID=petco_331886882

I guess it is on PETCO.com so maybe they have them in the store.

hbluehunter

The last time i was in Pet Pouri they had lots of Bowfin's, and 3 or 4 Wolfs too. I know if you come up the eastside on 405 stop at Denny's pet world right off the freeway and they have the battery operated pumps there for sure. I was just looking at them a couple days ago.

Wolf-Keeper1

Ashley said:
Yeah I'm sure just a bucket would do...as long as you are just getting small fish. I will suggest pet pourii, they have some cool red wolfs and I don't know if the bowfin are still there. It would be worth your drive though. I know they have the battery powered air pumps online for cheap (I included a link for ya) and I don't know if they have them at just pet shops. I have never seen them, but I haven't been looking either.

http://www.petco.com/product/7400/Penn-Plax-Silent-Air-B10-Battery-Air-Pump.aspx?cm_mmc=CSEMGoogleProdAd-_-Fish-_-Penn+Plax-_-144100&mr:trackingCode=6FC10A1B-54EB-DE11-974B-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&GANTrackingID=petco_331886882

I guess it is on PETCO.com so maybe they have them in the store.
Hey thanks for the info I just read the reviews alot of people dont like the noise, but I dont like dead fish more lol. Plus I would only use it when traveling to get fish further away. Thanks you rock!

Wolf-Keeper1

hbluehunter said:
The last time i was in Pet Pouri they had lots of Bowfin's, and 3 or 4 Wolfs too. I know if you come up the eastside on 405 stop at Denny's pet world right off the freeway and they have the battery operated pumps there for sure. I was just looking at them a couple days ago.
I'll look into that, thanks for the heads up. It still wont be for a couple weeks, I have to do my business every other weekend lol have to love working in a hospital.

Maybe I can Make a day of it and just hit stores along the rout starting with the furthest one and working my way back. That sounds like a cool afternoon. (sorry typing inner thoughts)

Addictedtofish

Also you can get a AC/DC converter that plugs into your cigarette lighter pretty cheap. Then you can use your regular air pump from home.

Wolf-Keeper1

Addictedtofish said:
Also you can get a AC/DC converter that plugs into your cigarette lighter pretty cheap. Then you can use your regular air pump from home.
That is a good idea and cheaper since I have like 2-3 pumps that are just extra.

Good call thanks!

Wolf-Keeper1

Last ditch efforts to get the wolf fish locally proved unsuccesful. Looks like I'm headed up north lol.

Also has anyone seen the ticket on them? What am i looking to spend? Thanks again everyone!

hbluehunter

I wanna say the smaller bowfin's were like $25 and the bigger ones were 40-50.. I never really looked at the price if the others, but you might be able to wheel and deal a bit being they've had them for awhile.