Smiling Acara

dwarfpike

As they get larger, the fin difference will become more apparent. My male had the coppery splash in the dorsal and the female on the body, but I don't know if this is regional like the curviceps are (some have female spots, some races don't).

pair.jpg

A

Anonymous

How about on electric blue acaras?  Sexing same as regular blue acaras? 
photo.png

dwarfpike

Well, on those the minor color differences are out the door obviously since they lack the patterns. Fins should still tell, but not many have seen adults yet here in the states so can't say 100%.

Chiisai

Well an update I now have 2 confirmed clutches of smiling acara fry. Assuming 25% survive(not sure how hardy these lil guys are) I would like to offer them to fishbox members first. I will keep everyone posted

A

Anonymous

Wow, very nice! I don't have this species yet and would love an opportunity to get one.

Chiisai

fishNAbowl said:
Wow, very nice! I don't have this species yet and would love an opportunity to get one.  
you had mentioned interest earlier. If things work out i might be able to get you a mated pair if your interested

A

Anonymous

Oh , yes I did. In my enthusiasm of your update I just spit it out there again :)

A

Anonymous

Chiisai said:
If things work out i might be able to get you a mated pair if your interested
Me too. Please.  Love to have another species of these acaras. Please.

dwarfpike

Careful chaps ... acaras can get addictive with their personalities. Even the mighty Jeff Rapps has admitted to being a closet acara fan.  :cheers: 

A

Anonymous

I'm already addicted. Cant you see.
:shock: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :laughhard: 

Chiisai

SiRWesDragon said:
Chiisai said:
If things work out i might be able to get you a mated pair if your interested
Me too. Please.  Love to have another species of these acaras. Please.
if things go well, would you be opposed to exchange of acara? Would love to get blues. I am ok with being addicted,its cheaper to feed an acara addiction then say dovii, ot jags lol

A

Anonymous

Chiisai said:
if things go well, would you be opposed to exchange of acara? Would love to get blues
Let me breed them first then I'll give some fry to you to grow out too. It will be their first. Btw they are $20 each. Not trading these guys. But will trade their offsprings. Ok?

A

Anonymous

Chiisai said:
Yep sounds good, lol didn't mean to imply i wanted your original pair.
 :lol!: 
They laid eggs last week but damn pleco ate them. But they will lay again soon then in a couple months will be able to have frys for ya. I'll power feed them. Sweet. We got a deal.

A

Anonymous

SiRWesDragon said:
I got electric blue acara eggs. Yay.
What is an electric blue Acara? Is this a JD or a different species? Is it a dwarf?

A

Anonymous

Same as the regular blue acaras but bred to have more blue scales. Like the JD has an electric blue JD. Picture of electric blue acara are on the second post of this thread.

A

Anonymous

Well they didn't eat the eggs cause I see wigglers today. :D :spoton: