Shrimp bug bit me again!

julzhull

He does have good stuff.. He actually sent me a free moss ledge from my last order and didn't expect to like the looks. I didn't like the way it looks in the picture but when I got it and put it in the tank, I like it. =)
Plus the shrimp food that he have, shrimps love it. ^_^
I ordered a few different moss ledges. So excited for those. I'm going to tie some buce to a rectangle one I ordered and try to make a ledge for my betta in his tank. I don't have any good resting spots in there for him. He keeps awkwardly resting on some octopus plant clippings I put in there.

Mike16T

I ordered a few different moss ledges. So excited for those. I'm going to tie some buce to a rectangle one I ordered and try to make a ledge for my betta in his tank. I don't have any good resting spots in there for him. He keeps awkwardly resting on some octopus plant clippings I put in there.

Let me know how you like the looks of the ledge when you set it up. ^_^
Pretty sure the Betta will love his new resting place.

Mike16T

Probably doesn't want to come on here anymore to look at shrimplet photos. Speaking of that I just ordered a macro lens off of Amazon so will have photos to post this weekend. :D

Nice.. I have one that attaches to my phone's lens but I don't know where my wife put it.. -_-

Mike16T

Another addition of reds.. =)
5 red belly pinto (1 is actually red zebra pinto)
5 wine red mosura

I'll get better pictures next time. =)
12ff38220bf066ab15dc0e37dcbe3528.jpg
f66436b92b4e05e70c721f26d64fb58e.jpg
22cef8083f5884dd2d2ba34081ad7a9b.jpg
5a26a5117c5b54e5c313d7aa4ddfd422.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Mike16T

Can you post a pic of your whole shrimp tank? :D

Lol. Will do. Don't expect a lot though. I don't usually touch that tank at all. Lot's of snail shell since there is 1 assassin snail in the tank with a bunch of ramshorn, pond snail, and MTS.

julzhull

Lol. Will do. Don't expect a lot though. I don't usually touch that tank at all. Lot's of snail shell since there is 1 assassin snail in the tank with a bunch of ramshorn, pond snail, and MTS.
I just like to see the overall view of tanks. I don't feel like I'm done with my shrimp tank yet (done with aquascaping etc...). Just not 100% happy with it.

What do you use to filter your shrimp tank?

Mike16T

I just like to see the overall view of tanks. I don't feel like I'm done with my shrimp tank yet (done with aquascaping etc...). Just not 100% happy with it.

What do you use to filter your shrimp tank?

My shrimp tank is an all in one. It's a Innovative Marine Fusion Nano 10 tank. =)
I bought the intake screen kit and super glued window mesh so that baby shrimps won't get sucked in.

julzhull

My shrimp tank is an all in one. It's a Innovative Marine Fusion Nano 10 tank. =)
I bought the intake screen kit and super glued window mesh so that baby shrimps won't get sucked in.
Oh nice! I fell in love with my tank first and then had to figure out the rest (it's a Mr. Aqua 13.3 gal bowfront). I have 2 small 10 gallon sponge filters but one barely gets any air. I've been thinking of taking the one out that doesn't get much air and adding a Sponge Filter Bio-Film Reactor Attachment (from elevate shrimp) to the other one (if it would work with it).

Mike16T

Oh nice! I fell in love with my tank first and then had to figure out the rest (it's a Mr. Aqua 13.3 gal bowfront). I have 2 small 10 gallon sponge filters but one barely gets any air. I've been thinking of taking the one out that doesn't get much air and adding a Sponge Filter Bio-Film Reactor Attachment (from elevate shrimp) to the other one (if it would work with it).

I don't like seeing equipment inside the tank. If I can minimize it as much as possible, I will do it. I could've went with a regular tank and sponge filter or HOB, but All in is nicer.. =) I can put plenty of filter medias behind with ever seeing them. I contacted LEDGEndary aquatics, Colin (He's a member here too) to build me a custom media basket specifically for the nuvo fusion nano 10. I sent him the specs and dimensions and he built it. =)

julzhull

I don't like seeing equipment inside the tank. If I can minimize it as much as possible, I will do it. I could've went with a regular tank and sponge filter or HOB, but All in is nicer.. =) I can put plenty of filter medias behind with ever seeing them. I contacted LEDGEndary aquatics, Colin (He's a member here too) to build me a custom media basket specifically for the nuvo fusion nano 10. I sent him the specs and dimensions and he built it. =)
I agree, I don't like seeing equipment inside much either, which is why I try to hide mine. I found this tank (which is my dream nano, I love bowfronts) by chance on Black Friday at Aquarium Zen, they don't make these anymore. If I hadn't gotten that one and had instead seen the newer tank that is out that's a 15gal with a slightly bowed front (I forget what it's called) I would have gotten that one. I think the media etc... is hidden.

Mike16T

I agree, I don't like seeing equipment inside much either, which is why I try to hide mine. I found this tank (which is my dream nano, I love bowfronts) by chance on Black Friday at Aquarium Zen, they don't make these anymore. If I hadn't gotten that one and had instead seen the newer tank that is out that's a 15gal with a slightly bowed front (I forget what it's called) I would have gotten that one. I think the media etc... is hidden.

You talking about the Fluval Flex? o_O

Mike16T

Yes! I was thinking Fluval but could only think of Fluval Spec, which it is not. I do like the Fluval Flex a lot. If I had anymore fish tank space I'd get one, but we're maxed out at 9 tanks (one of which is a quarantine so that shouldn't really count). :eek:

I actually like the Fluval flex before it came out. I waited for it to be released and got very disappointed once I saw it in person. It's so fragile that you need to have a fence to display it. LOL. The glass that they used is so thin. I checked it out at Sierra when it first came out and they already have broken tanks from the shipment. I asked them if I can see it because they don't have it on the floor yet (They're suppose to be out already) and they told me that glass is shattered. lol.

So that same day, I just bought the Nuvo Fusion Nano 10. Very happy with it. The glass thickness that they used is so thick. The tank is heavy for a 10 gallon.

julzhull

I actually like the Fluval flex before it came out. I waited for it to be released and got very disappointed once I saw it in person. It's so fragile that you need to have a fence to display it. LOL. The glass that they used is so thin. I checked it out at Sierra when it first came out and they already have broken tanks from the shipment. I asked them if I can see it because they don't have it on the floor yet (They're suppose to be out already) and they told me that glass is shattered. lol.

So that same day, I just bought the Nuvo Fusion Nano 10. Very happy with it. The glass thickness that they used is so thick. The tank is heavy for a 10 gallon.
Oh, I think I remember someone (probably you) talking about this in another thread. That's really disappointing to hear. Glad I found what I have then.