Bullyboy

Heres all my tanks, relegated to one room now
8a41ea7dcb653665b3d627e323feeb32.jpg

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thank you! It's the Imagitarium stuff from Petco (I think), the bag was ruptured so they gave it to me half off. :)
Ive been interested in it but was never sure if it was the stuff where the black color would wear off or not. Had tons of cheap black gravel start to chip after a while and then the black started to look more salt and pepper like. That stuff looks good!

FishBeast

Ive been interested in it but was never sure if it was the stuff where the black color would wear off or not. Had tons of cheap black gravel start to chip after a while and then the black started to look more salt and pepper like. That stuff looks good!
I've had some of their black sand for close to 3 years now. Still looks good... They may have changed their coating process. It's still acrylic coated sand, I believe.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I've had some of their black sand for close to 3 years now. Still looks good... They may have changed their coating process. It's still acrylic coated sand, I believe.
I had thought it was a coated product and not the coal slag that sometimes gets used. Good to know it had been holding up for you.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I love to see my phone display 'A year ago' pics. So this week a year ago I was working on upgrades to the fishroom. Swapping out my 75 gallon tanks for 90's. You can see the difference in height between it on the left and the 75 on the right. Other changes were to come as you can see from the next "now" picture.
IMG_20200927_180751799.jpg

Fishroom as it looks today. Both 90's in place and two Aquaclear 110's on the tanks instead of just the one. Also the 30 gallon was moved from the top middle to the bottom and a 46g bowfront put in place up top.
IMG_20210731_140917995.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
@lloyd378, The plant all look good, nice and green, very healthy. Yeah its funny but my bowfront is kind of the same, hard to tell there are that many fish in it because they are all fairly little. With mine you spot the school of tetras and the big gourami first, then as you watch the tank you start to see the swordtails and apistos along with the bn pleco.