SHOW OFF YOUR TANK!

A

Anonymous

^ looks great! I have a tendency to change things up as well. I'm working on converting my 140 to a jungle of hygrophila, ferns, and anubias species With twisted woods and dark roots.

A few months ago

Current

A

Anonymous

cooldude1606 said:
^ this is very nice looking. once that grass fills in on the bottom it will give the tank a whole new soft dimension down low broken up by the wood. does that have 4 48" finnex lights?
3X 48" Planted + , 2X 48" RAY2, 1X 24" Planted + , and 1X 12" RAY2 (I think).

dwarfpike said:
I love the change fishNAbowl ... less Dutch look, more natural.
Thanks to the both of you! After the Hygrophila fills out the background I'll go through and thin it out so the woods can be better seen. This aquascape is better seen up close. The details blend in at a distance and low quality picture. There seems to be multiple little hang outs for the Angels , dwarf cichlids and plecos. So when scanning up close you can totally point them out. It's pretty neat.

A

Anonymous

tazeat said:
Wow that's a lot of light, what do you fertilize to keep up with that?
Currently I went back to basics. Flourish Excell, normal dosing and moderate CO2 injection. This may change if deficiencies develop. If they do I'll be returning to normal dosing using the Aquavitro fertilizer line.

A

Anonymous

^ I hate when stuff like that happens. Looks like it's turning back around for you. Time to plug in background plants :) Ludwigia, Rotala, or perhaps Hygrophila? :D

fishNAbowl said:
^ I hate when stuff like that happens. Looks like it's turning back around for you. Time to plug in background plants :) Ludwigia, Rotala, or perhaps Hygrophila? :D
I had to remove a lot of it due to a BHA outbreak, just took off the Aquaclear 70 that was still infested with it... put in a new Hydor 350 canister with 2 purigen packets and added a layer of Seachem Matrix friday afternoon, hoping removing the AC 70 so soon doesn't wreak havoc but I didn't want to keep repolluting the tank with BHA. crossing my fingers and hoping for the best right now. I did start adding a capful of Excel daily 3 days ago. will slowly add more plants once I know the algae problem is under control. :(

fishNAbowl said:

I would recommend the same. They are fast growing plants and will outcompete the algae for the nutrients, thereby ''starving'' the algae.

I'm curious...do you have any specific reason for injecting CO2 AND using Excel?

fishloverRon said:
fishNAbowl said:

I would recommend the same. They are fast growing plants and will outcompete the algae for the nutrients, thereby ''starving'' the algae.

I'm curious...do you have any specific reason for injecting CO2 AND using Excel?

the co2 is for the plants, tried to get helferi to carpet tank, but a larger algae eater kept uprooting it. the Excel was recently started to help get rid of the black hair algae. anyone willing to sell a few plants/clippings? the selection locally is dreary as far as pet stores.

whtknightgdhart, On April 18 the GSAS will hold their largest auction of the year. There will be many plants there and the auction is open to the public for purchasing. To enter an item for sale in the auction one must be a member. http://www.gsas.org/

I am the membership chairperson and would check to see if you are a member, but I don't have your name! Anyway. The auction is a HOOT!

whtknightgdhart said:
fishloverRon said:
fishNAbowl said:

the co2 is for the plants, tried to get helferi and dwarf baby tears to carpet tank, but a larger algae eater kept uprooting it. the Excel was recently started to help get rid of the black hair algae. anyone willing to sell a few plants/clippings? the selection locally is dreary as far as pet stores.

fishloverRon said:
whtknightgdhart, On April 18 the GSAS will hold their largest auction of the year. There will be many plants there and the auction is open to the public for purchasing. To enter an item for sale in the auction one must be a member. http://www.gsas.org/

I am the membership chairperson and would check to see if you are a member, but I don't have your name! Anyway. The auction is a HOOT!

Not a member yet but will probably sign up in a few minutes, sounds like the place to be. Auction? like bidding on fish and plants?

whtknightgdhart said:
fishloverRon said:

Not a member yet but will probably sign up in a few minutes, sounds like the place to be. Auction? like bidding on fish and plants?
Yup! Fish, plants, live foods, hard scape materials, tanks, equipment, fish art....you name it! It's a fun fay.

Betty

Staff member
Now those are my kind of plants! They do okay in my tanks. :lol:

Are they all plastic? Some of them look pretty realistic.