Sculpin tank

Kaosu

wow that looks nice!

lol mine is just bare wood and screws....paint? pphh fancy edges?...lol i went for function.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I never did finish it with doors. I used all scrap wood I had from the reinforcing of my 210g stand. The only money invested was paint. So when I build my new stand I hope to get at least $12 out of this one to pay for the paint. :lmfao:

Fish Addict

Awesome fish! If anybody asks tell them you got it from aquabid because in washington state it is illegal to keep FRESHWATER sculpins for any reason.... or at least that what the regs make it sound like... I MIGHT be wrong because the regs are confussing as all **** but it never says you can keep them which means that it is illegal... I will research it more because I have been thinking of doing the same thing but if I get caught with any fishing or hunting violation I lose my master hunter card which is a big deal.... I will tell you what I find. your sculpins look amazing though and I love the tank!

Kaosu

Fish Addict said:
Awesome fish! If anybody asks tell them you got it from aquabid because in washington state it is illegal to keep FRESHWATER sculpins for any reason.... or at least that what the regs make it sound like... I MIGHT be wrong because the regs are confussing as all **** but it never says you can keep them which means that it is illegal... I will research it more because I have been thinking of doing the same thing but if I get caught with any fishing or hunting violation I lose my master hunter card which is a big deal.... I will tell you what I find. your sculpins look amazing though and I love the tank!
Thank you.

and when I got her i did not know it was Illegal in Washington to keep native fish ...witch it is not, it is illegal to transport or sell them.

I called fish and game once i came across the laws that said we could not keep them called 4 different offices including the one in Olimpia ..and this is a direct Quote from two of them " oh a sculpin?...no we don't really care just don't release it" ..its a "bait fish" they are picky about game fish. so yes its technically illegal to have them but they do not really care...nor will they go raid your house and fine you for a sculpin....and yes they are available on Aquabid. ^_^

Im not recommending anyone collecting them know its illegal, but all the offices i called said its hard to enforce and they are mostly focused on game fish.

done my research called and talked to allot of people but thank you for your concerns!.

sandnuka

One of our sponsors, who is no longer a retailer was selling a few snake heads he had for "experiementing" I guess somehow it got back to him that he was the seller and he got fined like 5000 bucks per fish.... So they do enforce the law... They just dont go hunting them down unless your advertising your fish... and I dont think sculpin are a fish many are worried about up here anyway. Few people even heard of it, just the crazy gurus like us. :)

Fish Addict

yeah.... A 55-100 with some pumpkin seeds, a small mouth bass, and a few sculpins or bullhead catfish would look wicked....... and luckily I know a place to order them to stock ponds :D

Kaosu

Fish Addict said:
yeah.... A 55-100 with some pumpkin seeds, a small mouth bass, and a few sculpins or bullhead catfish would look wicked....... and luckily I know a place to order them to stock ponds :D
yeah it would be.
I really love those pumpkin seeds some wicked amazing color on them!

IMAG0032_2.jpg

Kaosu

ook!..fine this is over due...Ill get more soon.

she now is so lazy she only hunts pellets..refuses live foods anymore..will eat worms once in a while if they are not wiggling to much..crazy fish.

she is still just over 7 inches fat and her grumpy self always begging for pellets when im close the tank.

she is now in a 29g with a Fluval c4 40-70 filter..keeps the water amazingly clear!..and with the tank the bottom of my wrack i built it stays around 60o never reaching over 65o this summer.
DSC07541.jpg

DSC07540.jpg

DSC07538.jpg

DSC07731.jpg

DSC07727.jpg

DSC07726.jpg

DSC07722.jpg

DSC07719.jpg

these were taken last night a she was "hunting" pellets.
DSC08398.jpg

DSC08397.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow , she is a beast! Nice pictures, thanks for the follow up.

Kaosu

DMD123 said:
Wow , she is a beast! Nice pictures, thanks for the follow up.
^_^ she is!! and your welcome..she is doing great..fat as ever but her growth has seemed to of slowed down in growth but she is almost 3 years old now so..that could be why.

Kaosu

another video...and interesting observation.....so while catching crayfish i often fined sculpin under the same rocks ..a while back I tossed a bunch of marbled cray in to the tank. while taking pic last night I noticed a cray coming out looking for food..out of her cave? o_O...even caught them on camera as the cray came out to snag a algae wafer..the sculpin turns around..tried to take the pellet and lets the cray take it away back in to her cave o_O...they are living together?

anyway thought it was interesting!
DSC09767.jpg

DSC09768.jpg

DSC09769.jpg

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/aPhRgxb73cA" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Kaosu

thats badass looking fish, I had no idea there were freshwater varieties. thanks for sharing
yeah..lots and lots of sculpin are fresh water..had this one sens she was under an inch.

Fantastic; thanks for sharing! Smile
your welcome ^^ love sharing pics and videos of her!