Redo times two

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Mmm do you remember how much it was?
likely around $17 or less but then had to pay shipping or I bought enough stuff for free shipping. I think it was a Zoo Med ‘large’ piece.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome. I hadn't tried this site yet. Are there things that are better to buy on live aquaria than other sites or LFS?
Not really. The Mopani is cheaper than in a local pet store but you kind of just need to sign up for emails and watch for sales.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Took a big first step on the 30 gallon puffer tank and bought a live plant. I figure 3 or 4 real plants could really improve it in the way I want.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Fingers crossed but nothing dead yet. Not seeing any melting or any issues yet. Glad I did these this way, no snails and got to set them up exactly as I wanted. Cant wait to see them fill out and then maybe I can add a few more...

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
You will see some melt going from emersed to submersed. The java fern that I have took a minute to establish. I like the green against the darker background.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
How often should I fertilize? I bought some Fluval gro+ that should be here this weekend.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
How often should I fertilize? I bought some Fluval gro+ that should be here this weekend.

Fertilizer? What is that :rofl. I rarely do any ferts. I have some very old Seachem stuff I add if I remember once a month or so. I have dirt in the 90g and the 29g and those plants are doing really well. The 55g syn/multie tank has no dirt and slow growth. I'm not worried about fast growth just nitrate consumption. One of the Anubius just flowered so I know they are happy.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Fertilizer? What is that :rofl. I rarely do any ferts. I have some very old Seachem stuff I add if I remember once a month or so. I have dirt in the 90g and the 29g and those plants are doing really well. The 55g syn/multie tank has no dirt and slow growth. I'm not worried about fast growth just nitrate consumption. One of the Anubius just flowered so I know they are happy.

Same here. My Anubias produce flowers all the time, and I've never used fertilizer... :whistle

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well that $6 is now spent... oh well, I guess it wont hurt but was not needed. Its not like I ever bought fish stuff that I didn’t need, lol

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The 30 gallon is getting a make over yet again. Going to remove it and upgrade to a 46 bowfront. Idea is to get my large spiderwood in it.
Tank:
IMG_20201229_150951620.jpg
Center piece spiderwood:
spider.jpg
Idea is live plants and the arrowhead puffer still. I want a couple more Anubias Nana and something in the Anubias family in the back that is taller.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The 30 gallon is getting a make over yet again. Going to remove it and upgrade to a 46 bowfront. Idea is to get my large spiderwood in it.
Tank:
View attachment 7487
Center piece spiderwood:
View attachment 7488
Idea is live plants and the arrowhead puffer still. I want a couple more Anubias Nana and something in the Anubias family in the back that is taller.
Where are you getting the live plants from?

I want some water lettuce for my multi tank, but AP was sold out... would also like a taller plant for the back of my 75g community