POLL - How many tanks do you have running?

How many tanks do you have running?

• Total voters

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Once the fish room is done, im looking at about 14, I currently have 3, :)
I like the “about 14”.... that always means more! lol

Any particular fish you are going to focus on? Cichlids of course....

Madness

Staff member
I like the “about 14”.... that always means more! lol

Any particular fish you are going to focus on? Cichlids of course....

No most likely that'll be it.

Obviously my Amphs, but also Festae, Gypherum, Tuba, Argentea, Breidohri, Bifasciatus, maybe Beani, Plecos and in their tank some nice SA schooling fish, Bichirs, loaches.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I currently have 10 running with four sitting empty. But I plan to buy one of those all in one nano tanks for my work office.... I really like the aquarium paradise gets these tiny little mud skipper looking fish, and I’ve always liked the celestial danios ( it just that my tanks have always been far too large to even see them). Heck I may even venture out and try some of those orange colored shrimp. Haha

And I’m hoping to purchase dmds 75 once he upgrades to his 90.... I want to use it for my one and only community tank for my living room. I plan to have my father in-law make me a custom stand with real nice siding. It will probably be painted gray as that’s an accent theme in our remodeled downstairs

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Getting close to the tank swap out, going from 75 to 90 gallon, so same footprint. Got the top cut for the filter and heater cord, background installed.
FB954337-1A52-47A4-9A7C-98E70F4F347D.png
Will use same Beamswork LED light and AC110 filter. Will use the Eheim heater to set it up but am looking at a different heater to try, an Aqua Master.
03EBC76E-79BD-471A-8598-BF0C5A2FAD5C.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Got the 90 set up today. Excuse the mess! This was during the process.

You can see the difference with the 90 on the upper left compared to the 75 on the right
5C1F6429-135B-48CC-BE3E-A8A0F94322EA.jpeg
The 90 does look better with the 65b below. Looks more is scale
397A72DC-EA23-41A8-B2BF-2F6818EBB28F.jpeg
Was thinking about swapping out the other 75 to a 90 also but man is it tall! I need to spend a bit more time with this before I decide to do that. Got to see what day in and day out stuff is like. Did I mention it was tall? lol

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Got the 90 set up today. Excuse the mess! This was during the process.

You can see the difference with the 90 on the upper left compared to the 75 on the right
View attachment 6693
The 90 does look better with the 65b below. Looks more is scale
View attachment 6694
Was thinking about swapping out the other 75 to a 90 also but man is it tall! I need to spend a bit more time with this before I decide to do that. Got to see what day in and day out stuff is like. Did I mention it was tall? lol

Do it!! Go big or go home!!! :D

sir_keith

Legendary Member
... The 90 does look better with the 65b below. Looks more is scale
View attachment 6694

I agree: it does look better. Now you need to get a really tall tank for in between them... :eek:

P.S.- You need a bigger ladder...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Update: same number of tanks but decided to swap out the other 75 gallon with a 90. Really loving how they look with the tall 65B below them. Came to the realization today I am running 640 gallons worth of tanks, just crazy!

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Update: same number of tanks but decided to swap out the other 75 gallon with a 90. Really loving how they look with the tall 65B below them. Came to the realization today I am running 640 gallons worth of tanks, just crazy!
Yeah, well, the crazy thing is that nearly half of that volume is in a single tank! :D Don't mind me; I'm jealous.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, well, the crazy thing is that nearly half of that volume is in a single tank! :D Don't mind me; I'm jealous.
True but the other 340 gallons in the 5 tanks are easier to maintain. So much better with the utility sink in same room. With the 300 I have to use the bathroom faucet, very slow fill up!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Latest update: I decided to change my rack a bit and got rid of storage space for another tank, lol. So I am now at 7. Current count is a 300, two 90’s, two 65B, one 46 bowfront, one 30. Total gallons now at 686.
02E7396B-C99E-476C-88A0-A47C3BF3C860.png
I just added the 30 back into the mix. Dropped the shelf and put it at the bottom. Not a whole lot of money to get it up and running so it was worth it.

Jexnell

ATM I have just two tanks running. Both are 6ft 125s. One has my big boy Casper a Amphilophus Saggitae. The other tank is full of smalls, Amatitlania Nanolutae, Bleeding Hearts tetras, a Pink tailed Chalceus, Bushynose pleco, Cory cat.
20200716_130057.jpg
20200803_220522.jpg

Jexnell

You want a nice female for that nice male
He is a lady killer. Spawned with 2 females from my initial group of six.
He killed the first one due to the eggs molding over and going bad.
20181031_155459.jpg
He was just a we little 3in fellow here
Next one he paired with Goldie Hawn. Went on and had five batches of fry.20190215_121019.jpg20190221_213527.jpg
First batch ate the second, for some reason she laid it not 3 weeks after the first. Third batch was consumed by mom. Some of 4th and 5th batch plus about 10 of the first batch were sold to The Wet Spot.
Some months later I ordered 3 more ladies from COTA.20190703_121505.jpg
He outright rejected 2 of them. Started to seem like he would bound with this one
20190810_093852.jpg
20190707_162846.jpg
But alas woke up from a nap one day and he broke thru the divider somehow and sadly killed her.
Lastly his fry at The Wet Spot A. sagittae.jpg

While I appreciate the offer I have come to terns with him being a solo fish at this point.
If I was to do this would have to wait till if and when we get this stimulus check. Been thinking of getting another tank anyway. I don't drive so would have to ship? Or if you live close I could pay your gas to drop her off. I don't have a spare tank that could hospital her into my tanks atm, only spare tank is a 20long

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I had raised out 3 of Casper’s kids from Wet Spot. 18708B77-947F-46F7-83AE-BA37EBCA3330.png
My hope was that this one would be a male for my amphilophus tank... turned out to be female so I rehomed her