PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished

A

Anonymous

Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

PokeSephiroth said:
You know what needs to happen next? Get your kids involved in keeping fish as well once they're old enough ;-) Bwaaaaahahahaha, then your wife really can't complain about it, because you'd be spending time with your kids, or they're off taking care of their own fish LOL!
Thats the plan when they are old enough.  Want to take them fishing and someday have them have pet fishes. Not now 6 and 4 yr olds. Dont want to clean their fish tanks. Wont teach them to be responsible if I cleaned their tanks. You know what I mean.

The thing is I got the 35gal tank using my kids to say they want fishes it was around the holidays. My kids care less about fish. Its dora or power rangers or wii. Someday they will like my hobby. Especially when we going fishing as a family trip. :spoton: 

A

Anonymous

Almost fell asleep Angelo, not because it was bad- because it was serene. Very nice set up , love all the lil fish too. Your videos are evolving nicely, totally can tell the work you put in editing:)

theChad: Hehehe awwwww shucks, well thanks! That's usually what I aim for, nice relaxing videos (aside from my fire spinning videos hahaha) . . . I'm glad that it was able to make you relax and just drift off to sleepy land :)

Thank you for always watching my videos whenever I post up a new one!

A

Anonymous

Oh. Wanted to ask your crayfish has it killed and eaten any of your shrimps or fishes. Want one in my planted community tank but afraid that it will eat the fishes

I've never had any problems with Dwarf Cajun Crayfish. They stay so small (if you look at the size of the crayfish that's right next to a red cherry shrimp, you can compare sizes) that one was a fully grown adult.

They also don't eat any of the plants, and least mine haven't . . . so yeah, relatively safe to have in my tanks.

A

Anonymous

Where did you get it? I want one.

I got all of mine from pbmax, not sure if he has any more though... never hurts to ask him though :D

A

Anonymous

Damn he lives deep. Im from maple valley. Hes in Olympia. Did you go there to get it?

Madness

Staff member

Looks great Poke. :spoton: 

Yep, I drove down there, since i'm in Bremerton, it wasn't too far a drive... well okay it was far, but definitely worth it!

Madness, Thanks!! :D

A

Anonymous

Madness are you getting fredieb's 360 gal tank? You seemed interested.

pbmax

PokeSephiroth said:
I got all of mine from pbmax, not sure if he has any more though... never hurts to ask him though :D
Unfortunately my dwarf cajun colony has gone the way of the dodo. I've had spotty luck with these guys over several years - sometimes they thrive, sometimes not so much. Ebay is a good place to look for these guys, as is aquabid. Prices including shipping are usually less than $40 for several.

Madness

Staff member

SiRWesDragon said:
Madness are you getting fredieb's 360 gal tank? You seemed interested.
no I am not I asked him several times to send me pictures and information and I never received anything so I'm buying another tank from someone else.

pbmax said:
PokeSephiroth said:
Unfortunately my dwarf cajun colony has gone the way of the dodo.  I've had spotty luck with these guys over several years - sometimes they thrive, sometimes not so much.  Ebay is a good place to look for these guys, as is aquabid.  Prices including shipping are usually less than $40 for several.
How unfortunate :( they're so cool to watch. They definitely have more character to them than shrimp. Some are more aggressive than others, some are really docile. I have one cray that acts like he's so tough and flaunts his claws around, kinda like "You talkin' to me? Are you...talkin' to me??? I'm gonna F you up foo!" LOL...

Then I have another one that defends his little tiny cave, like it's the only shelter he will ever have. They're so comical to watch:)

pbmax

They are a kick to watch. :) I have one left that I'm aware of, possibly a couple more little ones.

New updated video of the 36 Gallon Bowfront! :)
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/4rKPyXTHyDg" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III

Wow, could not believe it had been so long since you had set this one up! Nice update video, looking good!  :spoton: 

DMD123, Thanks! And wow, I didn't realize it had been that long either! Geez... It sure has changed quite a bit in the 1 year it has been up. :D

A

Anonymous

Very nice Poke.  You've done a great job with the aquascape.  As I was watching I noticed how clean and crisp all the plants where. That along with the lighting highlighting the background plants and the sand area. Gentle flowing fish, soft music, then it was ZzzZzzZzz. Lol!