PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished

Re: PokeSephiroth's Fireplace 36 Gallon Bow Front Tank (Finished Project)

Post Update!
Alright, I had these pussy willow thingers that "light up" with a timer on them, they still use batteries, so I'll have to tinker around with that and see if I can just convert them into a plug-in type deal.

But yes, they definitely do add to the overall appearance to the aquarium w/o being too distracting. They look even better at night :D

A

Anonymous

Me likey! Now 1 more thing possibly... Relocate the lid handle to the other side of the wood for a crisp clean look.

Looks great! Your hard work has definitely paid off, and then some. If it wasn't brand new I totally would talk my better half into letting me rip out my gas insert and placing a cube 50 or something in my fire place...

theChad, thanks!! As for the handle, I would if I could. But if the handle is too far back (to fit behind the wooden frame), I wouldn't be able to lift the glass panel, because the handle would be resting too close to the hindge... believe me, I've thought about it, through and through. LOL.

I'd definitely would be hesitant as well if I were in your shoes. Perhaps there's another interesting project you could work on, around the house, where you can convert something into an aquarium! :)

A

Anonymous

PokeSephiroth said:
theChad, thanks!! As for the handle, I would if I could. But if the handle is too far back (to fit behind the wooden frame), I wouldn't be able to lift the glass panel, because the handle would be resting too close to the hindge... believe me, I've thought about it, through and through. LOL.

I'd definitely would be hesitant as well if I were in your shoes. Perhaps there's another interesting project you could work on, around the house, where you can convert something into an aquarium! :)
Perhaps in a couple years....

We just built and moved into our 1st home last August. My wife literally EXPLODED when she found out I DRILLED a hole in the wall for the drain for my auto water change/drip system. So, I think I'll just wait for any extensive projects...

I think this is the best DYI integrated set up I've ever seen.

theChad, yiiiiiiiikes!!! That's .... hoooo boy, you've got lots of brownie points to earn back, mister! Hahahaha!!!

Thank you! I really couldn't have done it without the help of all of you, and for my wonderful and supporting boyfriend, who helped me with all the hardware stuffs. =P

jrmakawoody

Must....resist....converting things....into...fish....tanks...

jrmakawoody................................... desk lamp? PRESTO! Desk Lamp Aquarium! :D

Microwave?? . . . . AQUARIUMIZE IT!!!

Toilet??? . . . . YOU KNOW THE DRILL!!! :D

Trolololololol!!! :D~~~

A

Anonymous

Nice! This would make a good home for a school of micro fish! A Beta, or perhaps Killi fish. Going to look into this!

pbmax

While we're on the topic, they should be selling those betta vases with shrimp in them instead at the mall kiosks like they used to. Admittedly I haven't seen any of these in years (possibly because I rarely go to malls), but shrimp would do a lot better in one of those setups than fish would. :cyclops:

nick_76

theChad said:

We just built and moved into our 1st home last August. My wife literally EXPLODED when she found out I DRILLED a hole in the wall for the drain for my auto water change/drip system. So, I think I'll just wait for any extensive projects...

doesnt she know...the whole purpose of owning your own home is so you can knock holes in the walls to accomodate your hobbies without having some 'splainin to do to the landlord?

/cue the scene in step brothers where they convert the beds to bunk beds.....so much room for activities now! >crash!!</

A

Anonymous

nick_76 said:
theChad said:

doesnt she know...the whole purpose of owning your own home is so you can knock holes in the walls to accomodate your hobbies without having some 'splainin to do to the landlord?

/cue the scene in step brothers where they convert the beds to bunk beds.....so much room for activities now! >crash!!</

Sure, I explained it...

Just should of waited till the paint was dry and that new home smell was gone ;)

jrmakawoody, yeeeeeees... very, very goooood *maniacal laughter*

Some new pictures!

I went and took out the huge amazon sword plant I had growing in my 20 gallon walstad tank and decided to replant it in the 36 gallon bowfront tank, and I think it turned out looking better in its new home! I expect some of the leaves melting, but I'm hoping it doesn't melt TOO much. Anyway, here's an updated picture of the 36 gallon tank with its new inhabitant!

*note, the broad leaves kinda look like green fire, which totally fits with the fireplace aquarium! I'm totally loving it. I can't believe that thing was even growing in my 20 gallon long. I mean, I knew it was there, but I didn't think it was THAT big! Geez! :D

LOOK! LOOK HOW BIG IT IS!!!

(Ugh, stupid iphones and their ability to auto-rotate pictures. GRRRR...)

A

Anonymous

The Amazon is a perfect center piece plant for that tank. Looks awesome!!

Thanks theChad!! :D the water is still a bit cloudy (I'm surprised it isn't crystal clear yet. Blerg. Perhaps another water change is in order.... but I just changed the water like...2 days ago! :wall: 
Hahahaha

A

Anonymous

I change my water every day, after moving stuff around, until it's clear. :silent: 

Lamental Jester

Oh look, it's another pic of poke with his mouth open, what a shocker ;)

:plus1: on the amazon addition, I think it improves the tank tenfold

Are you kidding me? Posing with my mouth open is like, my signature pose. =P

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

He IS Asian... No "peace" sigh too? And shouldn't your pose be more Anime-ted. :p