PokeSephiroth's 55 Gallon Community Tank

tazeat

Very nicely shot and very nice job on the tank. You seem to keep the plants very organized with plants staying the right size with the larger plants in the back creating a nice area for the very large number of neons and rasboras... My plants just get out of control :p

Thanks, tazeat! The plants seem to be keeping well on their own, they all stay where they need to stay. With the exception of the Ambulia. That stuff starts to invade the space of the other plants, but it's easily dealt with, by trimming them down monthly. I am curious how the Brazilian Pennywort will work out though (I KNEW I spelt it wrong in the video. UGH. That really bothers me!) I'm hoping that it will stay low to the ground... I'm already picturing it winding itself around the crypt behind it, if I'm not careful. Hahaha!

tazeat

PokeSephiroth said:
Thanks, tazeat! The plants seem to be keeping well on their own, they all stay where they need to stay. With the exception of the Ambulia. That stuff starts to invade the space of the other plants, but it's easily dealt with, by trimming them down monthly. I am curious how the Brazilian Pennywort will work out though (I KNEW I spelt it wrong in the video. UGH. That really bothers me!) I'm hoping that it will stay low to the ground... I'm already picturing it winding itself around the crypt behind it, if I'm not careful. Hahaha!
It grows fast, but it's very easy to tame, you can just clip it with your finger nails.

Thankfully they are pretty easy to tame. I always have a difficult time with them being uprooted when I try to clip them with my finger nails, so I usually have to use scissors for that. I'm also hoping that with the higher light, that it will start to grow smaller leaves. Not that I have a problem with bigger ones, but I think it would look more aesthetically pleasing with smaller leaves.