poisoned tank :'(

Chiisai

Few things I would like clarified...
#1 was there a bottle of pine sol in your room?
#2 Was the bottle still in the tank(fingerprints?)
#3 How in the world are you not in jail for aggravated assault? lol

Wow I think if someone killed a few fish I would be very angry, if they killed $900 in fish... I would calling the police. If they got a confession or fingerprints no real need for a lawyer. $900 in damages is a felony. I had a neighbor a few years ago destroy a chain link fence I put up because he didnt like it. He served 11 days in jail, had to pay to have the fence replaced professionally, as well as my legal fees.

Madness

Staff member
I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all. I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties. And has on their record, animal cruelty.

A

Anonymous

Madness said:
 I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  
 :iagree:

dwarfpike

Madness said:
I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all.  I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  
It's nice to hear someone actually getting jail time for something like this, but it's rare. There was that Husky case several years ago as well as when I lived in Edmonds, a neighbor was leaving out antifreeze because the local cats and dogs were coming into his yard. Police came, never served jail time. By and large, our legal system doesn't treat all life the same.

Gryphon

dwarfpike said:
Madness said:
I guess the comment I made means nothing to those that know it all.  I had a similar thing happen, a claim was filed, the individual was arrested, served time and paid penalties.  And has on their record, animal cruelty.  
It's nice to hear someone actually getting jail time for something like this, but it's rare. There was that Husky case several years ago as well as when I lived in Edmonds, a neighbor was leaving out antifreeze because the local cats and dogs were coming into his yard. Police came, never served jail time. By and large, our legal system doesn't treat all life the same.
Sad but true, even if it is someone you care about I.E. Family, Spouse, BF/GF, etc, I'd still call the police, it shows blatant disregard for you.

Madness

Staff member
Unfortunately for that it was probably because he was poisoning strays. If he was deliberately poisoning someones dog or cat then I would assume it would have been ruled differently. At least you would hope so.

Will I am

Wow! Sorry for your loss! I really hope you get this situation fixed... Someone would meet my glock if this happened to my fish...

dwarfpike

I would hope animals would be treated like crimes against children, since neither can defend themselves ... but that rarely seems to be the case.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Actually the police that would handle this wouldn't be investigating homicides. It would be animal control. They prosecute animal cruelty. For instance if you leave a fish on the doorstep of a fish store. That is animal abandonment and can be prosecuted. A cat was left in front of the cat groomers place in my shop's parking lot. The security cams caught it. Animal control pursued it and got someone charged with it.

So yes, we do have police specifically for doing just that. Dealing with animal abuse. Now, this might just be a he said, she said case. But when you have proof, you can get the correct authorities involved.

fishyladdy

i dont really have proof other then the fact that she was the only one at the house. but her son was there too so he could have been the one to do it but hes old enough to know not to go near the tanks. after me freaking out on her and crying and so on so forth... she kicked me out of the place. im not gonna bring the police into its its pointless to me. nothing will replace my fish those were my kids i dont want her money i dont what to deal with the cops i just feel stupid for leaving my tanks unatended for a couple hours. she should not have even been in my room im heart broken and miss my kids (fish) i had my acei in that tank that i had had since i got into cichlids and nothing will replace him. same with my uganda fire red. those fish are almost immpossable to find.. im just hurt that someoen would even do that.

hyp3rcrav3

This is awful. Were you having an argument with someone?

Once you are certain you are in a place where your fish are safe, I'll give you a few of the F2 Metriaclima Aurora. I also have a bunch of F1 Pelvicachromis pulcher (Cichlosoma kribensis). I'll give you a few yellow labs as I can catch them and my Ps. acie just spit her first batch into the tank. I'll try to capture them next time. There will be other species as fish mature enough to breed.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Yes, once you are in a new location( safe to keep fish) let us all know. I know you are big into the Africans, but if you get into the sa/ca. I would give you some fry for free too to help kick start the collection. I have a couple of batches I'm currently raising ( rio mag umbee, f1 convicts, cutteri)

Anthraxx

so sorry for your loss, let the forum know when you get it all figured out, ive got acei, yellow labs, rusty, and ob fuelleborni fry id be happy to let you take home with you. anyways GL finding a new place. on a side note, i know it may seem to be a giant pain in the butt but i would really consider pressing charges or at least having them on file. people need to learn their lessons as somebody clearly invaded your personal space (which is not cool ever)

Betty

Staff member
Very sorry, fishyladdy.  I can't understand how anyone could be so cruel. I feel so bad for what those fish went through :( 

I'm not really raising any African fry at the moment, but I've got tons of albino bristlenose of all sizes if you need any.

A

Anonymous

fishyladdy said:
i dont really have proof other then the fact that she was the only one at the house. but her son was there too so he could have been the one to do it but hes old enough to know not to go near the tanks. after me freaking out on her and crying and so on so forth... she kicked me out of the place. im not gonna bring the police into its its pointless to me. nothing will replace my fish those were my kids i dont want her money i dont what to deal with the cops i just feel stupid for leaving my tanks unatended for a couple hours. she should not have even been in my room im heart broken and miss my kids (fish) i had my acei in that tank that i had had since i got into cichlids and nothing will replace him. same with my uganda fire red. those fish are almost immpossable to find.. im just hurt that someoen would even do that.
 :(

fishyladdy

thanks everyone for the offer of fish. i might tank u guys up on it. i moved out and am in a safe place with my fish now :)
well what fish i have left at least.