poisoned tank :'(

fishyladdy

man i have had a rough night i lost almost all my african cichlids yesturday... got a phone call telling me i need to go home because all my fish are dying i wasnt told what tank or anything i come hold to see my african cichlid tank with all my fish laying at the bottom full color and twitching the whole room smelt like lemons..
ran over to my tank to remove the fish that were still twitching and put them in one of my 20 longs. most didnt make it.. lost almost all my africans other then 10 of them.. im heart broken. thats like losing my kids. on top of that thats losing $900+. pin sol was what got dumped in there.. a whole bottle im supprised any made it at all.. the person that did it wont come clean and im guessing i wont be seeing any money back for them... im so sad you guys, im glad i had my piebalds in there own tank....
but i lost so many of my breeders i just dont even know what to do :'( :'(
just thought id fill u all in im just glad it was only one tank

Madness

Staff member
if you have any proof of who did it these are grounds for filing a police report I had a similar incident happen here and I did just that, that is just like poisoning your cat or your dog

A

Anonymous

Madness said:
if you have any proof of who did it these are grounds for filing a police report I had a similar incident happen here and I did just that, that is just like poisoning your cat or your dog
I second this. If this was intentional , you must have a roommate that does not like you or your tanks or something.  Grounds for an atmosphere change. If that person couldn't go, I'd be going....bye bye.

Really I have no idea of your situation but reading this post pisses me off. Sorry fishyladdy....  :(

JimA

So no one knows who did it, WTF! You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.

MRTom

What a disaster! So sorry for your loss! I'm glad you still have some survivors though. Hope they make it. And glad to hear the piebalds are doing ok. Hope you are able to come through this!

A

Anonymous

JimA said:
So no one knows who did it, WTF!   You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.  
This is mass pet murder JimA. What if it was 20 dogs or cats. Your looking at a jail sentence, probabtion a fat fine, not only that victim compensation.

finray56

So sorry to hear about your huge loss. Are you saying this was intentional or an accident ? If you are into Tropheus at all I would be willing to give you some fry if you can come and pick them up, I have Kasakalawe aka Moops. The only thing you need to be able to do for me is to make sure the person who did this is GONE ! Good luck with recovery mode and pm me if you want the fry :)

Denizaari

Thats sad. I have some VERY small fry that I could swing your way and you can start all over. I know I can't change what happened, but, maybe you can start all over?!? Just a thought.

anderson_p_r

A lawyer friend of mine says:
"Was the Pine Sol thing an accident or did someone just go completely nuts? That' felony level destruction there."

dwarfpike

Not even sure what to say, other than someone would be hurting afterwards if it were me.

And I hate to be a sourpuss, but if someone can tie up a husky to a try and kill it with multiple arrows from a bow and not go to jail, I doubt this would amount to much legal wise.

JimA

fishNAbowl said:
JimA said:
So no one knows who did it, WTF!   You need to move or kick someone's anal fin! As far as police they got better chit to do.  
This is mass pet murder JimA. What if it was 20 dogs or cats. Your looking at a jail sentence, probabtion a fat fine, not only that victim compensation.
Yeah I would be pissed about it, but what's it gain? Court, money, lawyer? Mass murder, jail time really :scratch:  She doesn't even know who did it. Detectives are focusing on HOMICIDES and dumb -ucks really breaking the law. I get it's sad, it's tragic! But were not talking cats and dogs or goats here are we? You think it would make the 5 o'clock news? Better get Jesse might help, other than that it's a no win sad situation! Move out, move on find out maybe who did it, which someone knows, and be pissed about it.. I don't know her situation but my best guess is she is not going to afford a lawyer over it, hell I can't either nor would I try. I am more a get even type a guy but really that's a no win situation either..

And yes I am sorry for your loss but move on or move out, it was obviously a bone head move by someone or they really don't like your fish and tanks..

cichlid-gal

Sorry to hear of your loss fishyladdy.  I would not only be mad, I'd be furious.  And if I knew who did it I'd make sure they couldn't raise their head without hearing about what they had done (and that's not getting even that's just sharing the persons pathetic behavior...others can make their own judgements).  It goes to this persons character.  Cruel and disturbed, not someone I would want around.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
She did say that the person won't come clean, so I'm guessing that she does know who did it..... If it were a younger sibling, cops wouldn't be in order, but a roommate would be a different story depending on the actual situation..... Accident vs intent (intent = new roommate/ + retribution )