Plecos spawned

Madness

Staff member
Awesome, thanks Betty. I wonder that too, cause he stays in that log still. I'm not home but i will check the eggs. Not sure how long they were in there before coming out, but today is day 4 of them being outside the log

Ubermunch

Betty i was wondering the same thing as well i would guess there are more eggs inside the cave. Mine was very adiment about not leaveing the cave even after his babys did.Betty have you had a problem with the males staying in caves after babies. Mine wont leave the caves i have now that he has had the eggs. He use to be all over the tank now he is just in another cave i have. Also madness i would also be interested in 1 or 2 of those babies. I have some albino bristlenose babys right know and i really like the bristlenose plecos.

Madness

Staff member
Well it was a successful spawn. :cheers: I have counted 25 hatched so far, all scattered throughout the tank. Still a pile of about 10 that haven't hatched yet. I'm so excited, its my first pleco spawn.
photobucket-1558-1357523310991.jpg

photobucket-2971-1357523382584.jpg

photobucket-7253-1357523354764.jpg

photobucket-7527-1357523333383.jpg

Betty

Staff member
Congrats! Now they will never stop! :D

Ubermunch, my males do stay with their caves most of the day, but they also come out to eat and explore around the tank from time to time.

Madness

Staff member
Yes, long fin Green Dragons. I will keep all of you in mind. Their clutches have been very small. The first had only 7, the second 5, this last one there seems to be a few more than 7.

CrazedAce

How big are the fry now? What size will you be selling them at. I had my eyes on The aquabid pricing of these fish. A breeding pair was like $60 (not including the $35 live arrival guarantee). And the fry they sell are usually only two weeks old, talk about losing a bunch of babies :(

I recently sold my first batch of juvenile bristlenose. Brown/black and albinos @ 1-1.5" for extremely cheap. Kicking myself a little for that one, they all sold within two days! Kicking myself even harder because that was my only batch that the pair had before the male died of unknown causes (he was 3 years old, how old can they get?). I of course kept some of my batch for future mating, preferably with other genetics.

I would also be interested in getting some of these fish. :D

Madness

Staff member
The first batch is about 1", the second is a bit smaller, the small guys are about .5". This pair cost me $100. So I am hoping that I can recoup the expense. LOL

I will be letting some go in a couple weeks. I need to move things around a bit.