::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

A

Anonymous

It was going strong for a while. Then it seemed everyone had each others plants or close to it then the thread died down a bit. We were plant trading fools there for a time, haha!

So yeah -

Ron,
If a person isn't close enough for a pick up or meet up whomever has the torch is obligated to ship. Which is like $6. But usually you have already received that , and then some in the plants that came to you. Example - the current offer. A baseball sized portion of christmas moss could sell for $20+ in a store. Each portion of Val $3-$4. So it's worth it.
Also, if you wanted to make a new post. Like an original type RAOK that would be awesome. People usually snatch em up. You can just put in header "RAOK - plants - Auburn - P/U ONLY".

A

Anonymous

CURRENT OFFER:

Knutsen1122 said:
Ok, here's what I'm offering.

-Baseball size chunk of christmas moss

- 10-15 stems of vallisneria americana gigantea

Okay. Thanks guys for educating me. I'll PM Knutsen1112. My offer stands and I will mail the plants if someone wants them.

Funny...I've been doing this with a few hobbyists already!

A

Anonymous

fishloverRon said:

Several Corkscrew vals

Cabomba furcata (red tops)

Hi Ron - and everyone else. Just wanted to bump the current offer to the end of the thread. Just googled the Cabomba Furcata (red top) and my goodness that's nice. Unfortunate for me I HAVE NO MORE ROOM for new plants, LOL!

Got them today. Great shape. I'm going to share some of the val with whiteknight when I send my cork vals to him tomorrow or day after.

A

Anonymous

Hi guys,
Just popping in to bump the current offer to the current thread page. I believe we are still on fishloverRon 's offer (?).

fishloverRon said:

Several Corkscrew vals
Cabomba furcata (red tops)

Okay, whtknightgdhart, it's going out at 10:30 today by priority mail.
Now you need to put something up to keep the Plant It Forward movement rolling!
Ron

A

Anonymous

fishloverRon said:
Okay, whtknightgdhart, it's going out at 10:30 today by priority mail.
Now you need to put something up to keep the Plant It Forward movement rolling!
Ron
Perfect! :spoton:

got the vals! Thank you Ron!

and to keep the Plant it Forward going... I don't have much sorry, but I do have a nice clean well rooted Anubis that is free from the dreaded BHA attack I had. (see pic below)

fishNAbowl said:
What species of Anubias is this?

ummm... aaaah... green? lol I have no idea. it seems to be a small leaf version and grows very very slowly but has picked up growing speed since I started adding Excel daily. I guess i need to start paying attention to the names when I add plants... I usually just pick them but how I think they would look in my tank rather than by name sorry. I know i was really really nervous going to the swap meet last month not knowing all the scientific names and history of the plants or fish but i am learning! my approach to the hobby WAS working very well until an unexpected empty co2 tank disrupted the plants in a very very bad way, with death and a severe outbreak of BHA, that seems to be under control now, just catching small remnants of it and using Excel with a turkey baster to spot treat what is left. I have before and after photos on another post. by some miracle all 30 of my original neons, 3 corys and a few random other fish were unaffected!!! the only strange occurance as far as fish that occurs is that any male guppies I add die within a few hours but the females all survive... anyone have an idea why?

whtknightgdhart said:
fishNAbowl said:
What species of Anubias is this?
know i was really really nervous going to the swap meet last month not knowing all the scientific names and history of the plants or fish but i am learning!
I hope neither you or anyone else EVER comes to the swap meet being nervous about what you don't know. It is meant to be a place to share items and ideas and knowledge to help each other get better at what we want to do in the hobby. It is not a place for stuffy know-it-alls.

Not trying to hijack this thread so....Glad they got there okay. May you grow them strong like lead dog on team!

The anubias looks like a good size to split the rhizome in a couple pieces and start them on some small rocks or wood for a nano tank. Somebody oughta grab it up!