::Plant it forward :: a RAOK like post

KaraWolf

Rediculously late sorry. Dont have much in the way of plants unfortunately.
Ive got
anubis with probably 7 leaves (refuses to hold on to my rock)
salvinia
and hairgrass if you really want it.

Cant guarintee they wont have snail problems or algae on the hairgrass.

A

Anonymous

That's perfect KaraWolf. My only issue is, why do people refer to snails as a problem? I love snails. Even the "bladder" snails. In my opinion all serves a purpose in a balanced ecosystem ;)

MorganEA

They are a problem in an unbalanced tank. I love my ramshorn snails they will randomly throw out different colored genes I have a bright pink one in my tank right now.

A

Anonymous

KaraWolf said:
Rediculously late sorry. Dont have much in the way of plants unfortunately.
Ive got
anubiAs with probably 7 leaves (refuses to hold on to my rock)
salvinia
and hairgrass if you really want it.

Cant guarintee they wont have snail problems or algae on the hairgrass.

BUMP,lol!

KaraWolf

Indeed. And I totally missed your question. Most people dont like bladder snails cause they breed worse then rabbits and guppies. And most people's tank either isnt balanced enough to keep the numbers down or they just dont like snails to begin with.
The ANUBIS looks like crap at the moment and is going to take forever to recover :/ but I still have the others and my MONEY WORT is big enough to chop up if someone wants a little bit.

I couldn't help it. I had to whip this up real quick on photoshop.

And then I remembered making one a while back. Had to look through older topics/threads to find it. But I did.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 107
  • plant_11.jpg
    plant_11.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 107

Ali

Bummer! Osiris was getting lonely in my community tank and i was looking for a buddy! :)

I want. An Anubis statue, with anubias attached to it, to blow everyone's minds.

Now, before this gets way off track, is there a current offer? Let's get this RAOK ball rolling again!

Knutsen1122

I have about a baseball size chuck of christmas moss and about 10-15 stems of jungle val. All very healthy and algae/snail free.

A

Anonymous

Knutsen1122 said:
I have about a baseball size chuck of christmas moss and about 10-15 stems of jungle val. All very healthy and algae/snail free.

Both very nice plants!!! Since this thread has been stale for so long, KaraWolf would you mind passing off to Knutsen1122 with his offer of Christmas moss and Jungle Val?

Knutsen1122, are you aware of the guidlines to Plant it Forward?

Knutsen1122

fishNAbowl said:
Knutsen1122, are you aware of the guidlines to Plant it Forward?

Yes I am aware of the guidelines. I'm going to start getting more into planted takes and noticed this thread was kind of dead. I think this is a great idea!!! I'm hoping this will kick start things again. Sorry for jumping in out of turn :)

A

Anonymous

KaraWolf said:
Take the torch and pass it on! I dont mind at all :) .
Cool! This in no way disqualifies you to keep playing KaraWolf. This thread dies and comes back from time to time.

Knutsen1122 said:
Yes I am aware of the guidelines. I'm going to start getting more into planted takes and noticed this thread was kind of dead. I think this is a great idea!!! I'm hoping this will kick start things again.
I'll reframe from jumping on that moss for a few days incase someone new wishes to join in : )~

Do you want to make one more post? An official post with a plant, or a list of them?

Knutsen1122

Ok, here's what I'm offering.

-Baseball size chunk of christmas moss

- 10-15 stems of vallisneria americana gigantea

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427502867.493710.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427502867.493710.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 46
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427502895.925430.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427502895.925430.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 46
I'm not quite sure how this "Plant it forward" thing works....I don't remember seeing the guidelines....but I have some plants if someone wants them. So if someone wants them, come and get them. (I think that's how this works!!) I live near Wild Waves in Federal Way.
Several Corkscrew vals
Cabomba furcata (red tops)
Depending how much more trimming and thinning, I may have some more species....
and if you see more in my tanks that I can spare, we'll talk about it!

And what does RAOK stand for?

RAOK stands for Random Act of Kindness.

Here are the guidelines/rules:
rules of :: Plant if forward.

A member must post what plants they have to (Plant It Forward) for another member.

Another member must accept those plants as is and offer plants up for another member.

:example: I (Daniel) would offer up a portion of baby tears. shipping to be paid by me to anywhere in Washington.

Another member (Bill) says hey I will take those plants ( sends me a private message and exchanges shipping info) I send out the plants at my cost.

(Bill) then posts I have a portion of java fern available.

Member (Jim) post I would like some your java fern..(he contacts Bill), Bill sends plants..

Jim is then obligated to post plants he is willing to send to another member at his cost.

fairly simple in format.

Please do not jump posts and offer plants until someone accepts the last item offered.

Accept plants as is and don't ask to modify the offer publicly. Portion size is determined by the person offering plants, and quality is at their discretion. But do your best to send out plants in a condition you would like to receive them in.

Don't post your shipping address to the main forum.

If plants are offered for an extended period of time with out being claimed we may adjust the offering as we see fit.

Anyone who wants this portion of plants must post that they claim my plant, and message me with their address, Then subsequently offer up plants to the next person.

So, in theory, if you want to share plants, Ron... you'll have to either, accept Knutsen's plant offer, and after you've received his plants, that's when you can offer your plants for someone else to grab. :)