pearsei vs blackbelt

Madness

Staff member
Black Belt haters. :twisted:

Just kidding, Im sorry to hear that D. That fish was so mellow in my tank. That sucks.....

Hey Fishman, your not calling it a La Ceiba Freddie are you?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The fish is mellow just a bit more that the pearsei can deal with. The pearsei act tough but they are not in it for the long haul. Some cichlids seem like they are built to brawl and a long fight is no issue, the pearsei look the part but actually are pretty mellow. So I think It is good mix with my mellow Midas.

A

Anonymous

It seems that's what he thinks they are, la ceiba freddys and not loisellei. I don't know, I have looked into the difrences in the past and they seem to be so similar that nobody can tell them apart, so the best way to know if there loisellei or freds is to know your source. I figured you and matt would both know your source and trust them, so I am still assuming they are loisellei.

fishman09

yes im saying la ceiba freddy strictly on what i see. i have a mild obsession with this fish and they look like the otger ones ive seen and kept. im probably wrong but its something i noticed and thoghht id bring it up. they were at first classified as loisellei by those who collected them so they may have been purchased as loisellei but that changed to freddy. to me they are la ceiba parachromis cause i really do see them as either. like i said im slightly obsessed lol

A

Anonymous

I wonder the source of matts fish......

Side note, hey madness I told you I would dig for the pictures of my freddy that my jags killed, there on the last page. Did you see him, lots of blue in the lips and fins. He was really good looking and the pictures don't do him justice.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
fish_n_vw you changed out your avatar. No more pearsei, so new fish... :(

I guess I need to get pics up of mine and change my avatar to carry on the legacy.

A

Anonymous

It was a little depressing to see every time I got on, and it reminded me of my monster. So I still have the pic, just not as my avatar.