pearsei vs blackbelt

A

Anonymous

Mine are from madness, he said there F1. Don't know where he orederd them though.

fishman09

from the body shape and pattern and color they apper to be la ceiba. usually loisllei have a worming pattern with like a purple color above the lateral line. i could be wrong just an observation

A

Anonymous

I'm open to the idea of them being either, I know they are vey hard to tell apart. So I don't doubt that they could be. I am just assuming that madness got them from a reputable source, and they are what he said they are. But like you could said I could be wrong too.

A

Anonymous

We have several tanks that take up countless sq. Footage in our houses. Were all crazy.

A

Anonymous

Here's a few pics of my freddy that was killed by my jags when they spawned.

IMG_20110202_201118.jpg

IMG_20110202_201127.jpg

IMG_20110202_201522.jpg

IMG_20110202_201527.jpg

Don't know if its a diffrent varient, but this is what I thought fred looked like.

fishman09

thats the normal variant. aquamojo had those that he referred to as escondido variant.

yellow.jpg

this is the la ceiba honduras variant male. 5 wild fish were caught and brought back and when they went back to get more there was a hotel there instead of the lagoon
la.jpg

imagesCAQMUGG0.jpg

these guys are my favorite parachromis and i wish they were found in the wild so they could possibly get a new parachromis species cause they dont really resemble friedrichthalli normal variant or loisellei
aaa.jpg

this is a normal loisellei. love those parachromis :D

A

Anonymous

I would take any of them, I really like them all. I almost bought matts pair. And occasionally regret nott getting them. My plan was a 150 with a pair of loisellei, my black belt, a female convict and some red isletes. It was to be my nicaraguan tank. But if these aren't loisellei, then I will probably get rid of them because I like the other freddy varient better... I wa mad at my jag pair for killing it.

fishman09

aquamojos pictures are what got me into this fish. theyre amazing. my little 5" male is on his way to be stunner

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean, this picture is the reason I got a zonatus.

Headbangers-2.jpg

And this one is why I had pearsei.

Pearsei-poster.jpg

Photos by aquamojo

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Aquamojo has been a huge influence on many people myself included. His video of the pearsei chasing the aquarium magnet was what got me interested in them.

Madness

Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
I would take any of them, I really like them all. I almost bought matts pair. And occasionally regret not getting them. My plan was a 150 with a pair of loisellei, my black belt, a female convict and some red isletes. It was to be my nicaraguan tank. But if these aren't loisellei, then I will probably get rid of them because I like the other freddy variant better... I was mad at my jag pair for killing it.

Its funny that you say this. Matts pair were at is step father Bubba's house for a while. While they were there, they spawned quite frequently. My male is Matts male's brother. Anyway, the 3 you got from me are from that pair. I bought 6 babies from Bubba, those 3 were the only ones left. Now you have them. So really, you do have a piece of that pair. :D

A

Anonymous

Looks
0923011244.jpg

Three of my 4 are from this pair and my fourth looks exactly like my big one from that pair.

fishman09

those are la ceibas at least the male for sure. between owning the fish and seeing pics and videos online theres no doubt about it.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
After the issue fish_n_vw had with the black belt I watched mine in how it interacted and decided to pull it out. I noticed the pearsei having splits in the tail and the argentea having bites on its side. It was hard to really see the fish doing anything since it acted so shy when I was in the room, but watching from an area where the fish could not see me, I did notice a lot of aggression from the BB.

Now the tank seems calmer, the pearsei is not as stressed and the fish seem to all have their space with no real issues. I really liked the look of the BB in the tank but just not the right personality for it (And I picked the calm one!). So I guess I'm selling a black belt!

A

Anonymous

Maybe I should get it and stick it with mine, see if its a m/f combo. Just kidding they would probably kill eachother. And I would have to dedicate an entire tank to them anyways. I am contemplating getting rid of my jags and picking up madness' escondidos. I think they would be great with my istalanum in the 125 that the jags are in.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness and I thought that mine might be a girl. Yours with the aggression and dominance issue seems to be male. If we got these two together...

A

Anonymous

We would be creating one of the most aggresive cichlids in the world. They both have additude problems.