Need your opinion...Is this a good deal!?

stierwalt3

I'm thinking it's a great deal but what do I know!?

For sale is one beautiful 72 gallon fish tank with just about everything it'll take to get your fish habitat up and running.
Included in the sale is:
72 gallon bow-front fish tank (glass)
Glass top and light bar (includes two high kelvin 48" bulbs)
Custom stand built to fit tank exactly (black stand with black glass door). The stand has a built-in light, timer, and power strip.
2 Marineland Magnum 35 filters (and all tubing, valves, etc.)
1 300 watt Eheim submersible heater
Digital thermometer (needs battery)
Brand new replacement valves (should you need them some day)
If you want you can also have around 75 pounds of decorative natural slate and crushed coral substrate (good for high pH tanks).

All for $200

stierwalt3

Addictedtofish said:
It sounds like a good deal to me...what are you going to be putting in it?
I'm glad you agree...I'm going to go pick it up tonight!

I want to start with a colony of saulosi! Not sure what other fish I would be able to stick in there with them!? I'm getting some Sunshine Peacocks from Sandnuka. I was going to put the Peacocks in a different tank unless they can go in the same tank as the saulosis!? I guess I need to start doing some research. :bounce:

sidekicking

Yeah that sounds like a good deal to me to
Good luck with the new tank

Peacoks and mbunas don't mix well
The mbunas are way too aggressive

Paintguy

with the lights and all it looks like a good deal. Was just looking at that one on craigslist. My wife set my limit at 4 tanks though :(

HALP

Once you get a limit then you can start upgrading! You gots to have at least one monster tank.

stierwalt3

Thanks for all your input guys! I just got back from looking at the tank...It's a monster all right, bigger than I imagined! :shock:

It still had water in it so I'm going back tomorrow to pick it up. I can't wait to get it rocking! :punk:

sandnuka

Awesome! Im excited for ya! and sweet it still has water in it, then you shouldnt have too much of a problem cycling it.... well, if there was fish in it recently anyway.

I agree with side, peacocks are a little mild tempered campared to mbuna's.... but, Ive also seen several, several tanks with peacocks and mbuna all living together.... not so sure how the peacocks would be comfortable breeding with the mbunas in there..... Im sure you gettin small saulousi, and my sunshine peacock are adults so they should be fine itleast to start.... but i liked your 20gal and just trying to breed the peacock trio idea... species specific tank always a good idea, especially if you plan on makin some money from you hobby. :)

stierwalt3

sandnuka said:
Awesome! Im excited for ya! and sweet it still has water in it, then you shouldnt have too much of a problem cycling it.... well, if there was fish in it recently anyway.

I agree with side, peacocks are a little mild tempered campared to mbuna's.... but, Ive also seen several, several tanks with peacocks and mbuna all living together.... not so sure how the peacocks would be comfortable breeding with the mbunas in there..... Im sure you gettin small saulousi, and my sunshine peacock are adults so they should be fine itleast to start.... but i liked your 20gal and just trying to breed the peacock trio idea... species specific tank always a good idea, especially if you plan on makin some money from you hobby. :)
Yeah I'll have to ask when he took the fish out. I hope not to long ago! As far as the Peacocks go I'll be sticking with the original plan and keep them in the 20gal. I definitely wanna get some cash back at some point since I'm starting out in the red! :lol:

Thanks guys

sandnuka

hey steierwalt3.... Reserve stock cichlids has saulosi! reall cheap too.... you want to place the order with us, you gotta do it by the 14th.... check out reserve stock cichlids II in the group buy thread in the market area.

stierwalt3

sandnuka said:
hey steierwalt3.... Reserve stock cichlids has saulosi! reall cheap too.... you want to place the order with us, you gotta do it by the 14th.... check out reserve stock cichlids II in the group buy thread in the market area.
Sounds like a plan! 15 Pseudotropheus saulosi 1.25" $4.50

So they have 15 of them and their $4.50 each?? When will arrive? I would love to have them all,but don't know if my tank will be ready in time!?

stierwalt3

BTW the fish were taken out of the 72gal tank I just got 2 weeks ago. Is that too long ago or will still help to set up faster!?

sandnuka

should be completly cycled within 48 hours if there was water in it and fish just left 2 weeks ago.... Well, thats assuming you are using the same filter that was in it and same media.... if you put in new filter media might have to give it a week.

Yeah, he has 15, and no one has told me they wanted any in an order yet, so you could be the first and they would be all yours.... you can order less, like 5 or 10 if you want too.... you dont have to buy all of them.... If you plan on orderin though, i need your money on the 14th. we are splittin the shippin so it will be cheap. (normally shippin cost 75 bucks, but we are all splittin it)

Check out the thread in the group buy section for more info

stierwalt3

So I'm putting this new tank of mine back together now that I have it home. I look at the heater and it's a 200w not a 300w like the guy listed!? Is a 200w gonna be enough to heat this 72gal tank!? :|

icer711

2 are always nice but i have my my large tanks with around the 200w number ... my 125 is heated with a 210w in the canister :D it does just fine one note dont fill with cold water room temp is best and then the heater wont over work to get to proper temp.... or start at like 70 then go up a couple degrees every couple hours till you get you tank where you want it and its stays stable... you got a week i believe before its new residents ?