My Synodontis

Betty

Staff member
I keep a few fish that aren't African cichlids or bristlenose plecos.  :D 

A few shots of my Synodontis -- I have one eupterus that stayed in the rocks, so I couldn't get a pic of it. Looking back through old pictures, I've had these cats for around 7 - 8 years now.

This first one is a hybrid.
1491280x1167_zpsb86e966f.jpg

1481054x1280_zps318bca50.jpg

1401280x934_zps36ff4acd.jpg

1301280x858_zpsce7acab2.jpg

S. eupterus
1431280x858_zpsf60e9e70.jpg

S. notatus
1001280x811_zps933d5b22.jpg

0991280x838_zps1b988768.jpg

0981246x1010_zps80a1e05a.jpg

Paintguy

Looks like yours are quite social for the camera. I have 3 Petricola Mathes that always avoid any onlookers. I would have to take all the decor out of the tank to even think about getting a decent picture of them.

cichlid-gal

Great shots of those guys Betty...I had some dwarf petricola...they were fun fish to watch travel around the tank...I miss em:( so your pics make me smile...THANKS

Betty

Staff member
Thank you.   :) 

MRTom, two of them are at least 7 and 8 years old, the others a little younger.

Paintguy, mine come out to eat when I approach the tank.  If they hang out in the rocks, the mbuna leave them nothing, so they come right up to the surface and swim upside down and jump up at my fingers to get their fair share. I used to put food in the tank at night after lights out, but all of them have learned to come up for their food now.

These are older pictures, but they still do this.
eupterus2.jpg

a9cba08e.jpg

db245969.jpg

b00551b7.jpg

Betty

Staff member
Thank you. I try taking those shots from the top once in a while. It's a challenge to not get the camera wet. The fish are so funny jumping and bobbing up and down waiting for their pellets. I've actually had a couple jump out of the tank and land on the glass top or the floor.

A

Anonymous

Betty said:
Thank you.  I try taking those shots from the top once in a while.  It's a challenge to not get the camera wet. The fish are so funny jumping and bobbing up and down waiting for their pellets. I've actually had a couple jump out of the tank and land on the glass top or the floor.

Lol, the instant panic to get the fish back into the tank. Then the double fun if it's a spiny fish.

Anthraxx

lol ya i was super careful rehoming mine, was quite concerned about getting pierced esp. when they get big. great pics betty as always. i wish we could just see ALL your photos :), almost brings a tear to my eye to see so many pretty africans

Nice! I've got one Petricola and he's a cool dude. Always fun to see him cruise along, skimming the rocks and substrate. Though he has been much more elusive lately. I think it's time to find him some friends.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thank you. :)

MRTom, two of them are at least 7 and 8 years old, the others a little younger.

Paintguy, mine come out to eat when I approach the tank. If they hang out in the rocks, the mbuna leave them nothing, so they come right up to the surface and swim upside down and jump up at my fingers to get their fair share. I used to put food in the tank at night after lights out, but all of them have learned to come up for their food now.

These are older pictures, but they still do this.
eupterus2.jpg

a9cba08e.jpg

db245969.jpg

b00551b7.jpg

Oh man. This is awesome to look at....beautiful, Betty. So awesome. i am lost for words actually............