My Synodontis

Betty

Staff member
I like the notatus as well Renegade, but he's been more reclusive now. I think the cichlids have become too much for him and he stays in his cave during the day. He used to come out and eat, but now waits until lights out.

Vicki, they are awfully cute. <3

032_zpsw6blapn9.jpg

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
456B9339-F891-4F6B-9C8B-E9EF5A9565DE.jpeg View attachment 5029 I have a synodontis decorus and a Synodontis eupterus in a 90 gallon. Both are new to the tank but the eup does not like the dec. I am hoping the shoving, biting, and attempts at stabbing one another will stop. Any ideas would be great. I will try to post pics later. FE11B07D-2E13-4FCA-AD91-3D8E33355173.jpeg

Last edited:

Betty

Staff member
What has worked for me is to make at least two separate piles of rocks (or wood/decor of some type) so they can each have an area to claim.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have built two different hides in the tank and things seem to have settled down for now. It’s a new experience for me feeding such big fish compared to what I normally keep.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Sad news. Unfortunately, the decorus secumned to ich. I tried doing a large water change and then dosing with copper but to no avail. The 3 bala sharks died as well but not from ich. I don't know what happened to the tank chemistry as I tested the water and everything appeared fairly normal.

Betty

Staff member
Sorry to hear that as well. When my fish don't get along, I get stressed too, trying to find the right solution before something bad happens.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Getting older! A couple have passed, but still have 4 of them. I can't believe how long these fish live.
I caught up with a fish keeping buddy some time back and we came to the realization his Synodontis Angelicus was going on over 30 years old! It has since passed but we were amazed at the lifespan for a tank raised fish