My SD Collection

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
They had some decent sized ones at AP today... not sure what they will be asking as someone just traded them in.... body sized was 4” not sure on total length but probably add another inch or so

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
They had some decent sized ones at AP today... not sure what they will be asking as someone just traded them in.... body sized was 4” not sure on total length but probably add another inch or so

THERE MINE, THEY’RE ALL MINE. MUAHAHA.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Super cool. Glad they went to a good home.

What are the leaves in the bottom of the tank?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Ugh, the ich is back this time on the new SDs. Starting with Paraguard this go around. First dose was last night. They have started eating thankfully.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Ugh, the ich is back this time on the new SDs. Starting with Paraguard this go around. First dose was last night. They have started eating thankfully.

I'd dose them daily with Paraguard for at least a week. Should be OK as long as they're eating. Good luck!

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I was only able to dose 2 times before I was attacked by an involuntary intestinal body cleanse Christmas Day.
After day one dose I noticed what appears to be slime coat stuffing off of this one SD. Is this a normal response to Paraguard treatment?
image.jpg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I was only able to dose 2 times before I was attacked by an involuntary intestinal body cleanse Christmas Day.
After day one dose I noticed what appears to be slime coat stuffing off of this one SD. Is this a normal response to Paraguard treatment?
View attachment 5657
I've never seen anything like that, sorry.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I've never seen anything like that, sorry.

I did some googling and on Seachems website they do recommend half dose for sensitive fish. The daily dose isn’t supposed to OD the fish as it breaks down in 24hrs. It is even possible to do water changes in between doses.
I did a full dose this afternoon and will try half dose tomorrow.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed. I feel bad about suggesting something that has hurt your fishes. Even my Xenos, which are sensitive to everything, are fine with full-dose Paraguard. You just never know...

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Fingers crossed. I feel bad about suggesting something that has hurt your fishes. Even my Xenos, which are sensitive to everything, are fine with full-dose Paraguard. You just never know...

I am only guessing. This science after all, never for sure until repeated. Consistently, that is.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
That's a good sign. Have you dialed back on the Paraguard? I don't know what I'd do in this situation, maybe a 50% water change every day, but beyond that, I'm at a loss. I vaguely remember silver dollars being sensitive to this sort of epidermal sloughing, but really don't know what to do about it beyond keeping the fishes healthy enough to fight it themselves. At least there don't seem to be any secondary opportunistic infections.