My foray into CA cichlids

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I pulled some water lettuce from the pond and placed them in the 60g and the fry are all up in the roots foraging until I walk in. They have figured out I am a good source.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
1 month update. The fry are starting to look like miniatures of their parents. Their body shape is changing from torpedo like to more deep bodied with a 1/4in length. I added a second sponge filter to the tank.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Eggs from the 29g spawn are starting to hatch and the adults are collecting the wigglers and trying to form a nursery in the roots of the Anubis.
I also have moved the 3 G.B. juvie's to a different tank.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Well, they moved all the little wigglers. It is pretty amazing to see them clinging to the vertical surfaces of the branch and in amongst the Anubis roots. One will fall off and the adults will pick it up and spit it back into the nursery but will blow others out of the nursery when they do.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Well, they moved all the little wigglers. It is pretty amazing to see them clinging to the vertical surfaces of the branch and in amongst the Anubis roots. One will fall off and the adults will pick it up and spit it back into the nursery but will blow others out of the nursery when they do.
Very cool. This is why people get hooked on Cichlids. :thumbsup