My collection of fishes

sonnys503

More of tell, I'll add images throughout the month, I am too busy plumbing, moving, and setting up more tanks.
Mylist is almost complete. I still would like to find a 8X2.5X2 aquarium, but for now, I'm content.
Show Tank 250 Gallon
1 19" Jardini from Bassman/Matt
Oscar
Jack Dempsey
2 16" common Pleco
10 Convicts (help the Jardini eat, and also let him he's not boss of the tank!

Hoping to convert to Malawi or Ray tank, upgrading to a 460G end of month.
Audrey’s 75 Gallon
1 22" Fire Eel
2 Green Terror
1 Ghoust Knife

I spent majority of my time with this tank. The Fire Eel eats as if there was no tomorrow. Under filtered and needs water changing every 3 days. Could use a wet dry filter, but I have not holes to plum the glass thank through.

125 Tanganyka
9 Frontosa Mpimbwe
Breeding Pair of Brichardi
1 Leleupi
3 Mature Adults Sydontis Catfish (Multipunctatus WC)
7 small Petricola
4 Moorii Blue Dolphins

984899364_iLMy5-L.jpg

120 Melonagney
Breeding colony of melonageny
4 young Feather Fin
2 flavius ??

right now this is my favorite tank, the tank is 4X2X2, and is run with a Fluval 404, and a large sump
and a Genx PCX40 Pump. Lighting is excellent. tank is nice and clear.

Miscellaneous
2 Motoro Rays in a 100 Horse Trough until I get a 120 4x2x2.
3 Geophagus (Red Heads Tapajos) X3 50G rubber maid growing out.
2 Peacock Bass X 2 50G rubber maid growing out.
2 Clown Loaches X 4 50G rubber maid growing out.

125 Gallon 4 Sectioned
Aulonocara baenschi
Otopharynx lithobates (Yellow Blaze)
Aulonocara stuargranti (Ngara)
Aulonocara hansbaenschi

I will be getting the parents of this fish, which I had and sold a few months ago!
984899649_hbCYJ-M.jpg

I will be getting the parents of this fish.

984898391_PDqy2-M.jpg
Yellow Blaze Lithopbate.

On my wish list:
  • Endlicheri or Ornate Bichir. Would like to get a pair.
  • Leopoldi / Henlei any of the Black Rays (1 of 2 fish which has eluded me my 1st time of fish keeping)
  • RTG (1 of 2 fish which has eluded me my 1st time of fish keeping, only because it's on CITES! )

No fish and or tanks, after these 3, So I say...... Until my cards are paid off

I've been very fortunate this time around, I've been buying fish from Hobbyist oppose to retail, and also been given great deals on my tanks.

I've only had 2 bad purchase so far,

Bought a used GenX PCX 55, for $65, only to find it's broken and will need parts, and the parts are hard to get! I've ordered it but still haven't received it.

My other bad deal was buying a 125 gallon with a cracked top, leaking XP3, and terrible/ugly stand!
But I made it all work, haven't sealed the top, but doesn't affect the holding of water. the XP3, I replaced the seal.
the stand stinks like hell when wet, hoping to build a new stand for it.

sonnys503

Iif I can sell all my equipment and fish, I can convince wife that it was already invested in my fish hobby, she wouldn' t let me buy out right, :) I'm so happy that the prices are dropping down, several years ago I almost bought one at $3500, good thing I didn't because I would have killed it, knowing what I know now, with water quality, and the foods it requires. but definitely, Henlei/Leos first and foremost.

in theory when my wife sees all my tanks my fish room, she's going to get fedup with it and say, have 1 tank and 1 fish, any fish you want, and there lies my plan. funny thing is she loves the Asian Arrowana, she's seen it in person, and know how graceful, peaceful, and majestic they are. :cheers:

Paintguy

definitely take a risk buying used. I got a great deal on my 75g. It was stored for a few years and had black sand in it. Got it home and tested that it held water and "holy wreaking dead something batman" did that sand stink when wet. Had to take it out and boil/clean it all.

icer711

sonnys503 said:
i take the stanky sand over cracked acrylic and or leaking filters. anyday.... :)
hot water and a cup or so of vinegar and the smell will disappear and no need to clean the sand at that point... couple big fills and drains and its all fish safe

sonnys503

I spent all evening and night, moving a sectioned (into 4) 125 gallon last night with 2 colonies of Africans Malawis. I will be getting the other 2 colonies tonight. I still can't remember the name, but I am impressed with the males.

the tank was dirty! the seller would not give me the light or a heater, so I had to find one and take a risk on one of my growing tanks.

I'm stoked to see them breeding, and I can't wait 'til my double 125s are up and running...

Ashley

Where you planning on getting your leos? I have a couple good vendors that I would trust buying/shipping from. Let me know if you are serious about buying! :)

sonnys503

Spent another night moving tanks! Didn't even get to my Malawi or daughter' tank
as for the Leo, I'll see what my dealer can get them for me, he's been very
good to me with prices, plus I'm still in the works
on a 460g tank, putting in 7x10s this week no time for pictures.

sonnys503

I've decided to go a different route, may still keep some of my Afircans, but I have decided to sale most of my smaller tanks and start saving or preparing for 3 large tanks. I'm hoping to have 2 300 gallons, plus the 1 450, and run the 85Gallon for my daughter. so in the process, I am selling most of my African stocks. the Melo, foais and Flavips have been sold. sorry for not posting pictures up, I've been very busy with work. I'll post images of what I have left in the next coming weeks. peace..

protocl

is that the Jar. you bought from matt? very niice specimen. im surprised matt did not have aggression with that jar.
their like ticking time bombs.

sonnys503

The Jar is very GREAT! I've tried to see if there's a sucker out there willing pay triple the price I got it from Matt but no suckers out there. :) Part of it was me wanting to keep it as well. I have him in a 250G tank when kept with 1 or 2 fishes, he's aggressive, but when kept with more than 3-4, he becomes the baby of the tank, always eating last. I have a Fire Eel in there with him right now, some convicts, (hoping to get rid off), 2 small Green Terror, and a small Knife fish, they are all doing well together which raises a question mark, can I, add some Rays in there? can I add a Black and 2 Silver arrows in there? all these fish excluding the convicts are awaiting a 450g to be deliver. the 450 is 5ftX5ftX2.5tall, massive but beautiful. the Jardini (Lucky) looses some color due to white gravel, otherwise he's great color when he's not stressed out (when I have to move him)....

protocl

sonnys503 said:
The Jar is very GREAT! I've tried to see if there's a sucker out there willing pay triple the price I got it from Matt but no suckers out there. :) Part of it was me wanting to keep it as well. I have him in a 250G tank when kept with 1 or 2 fishes, he's aggressive, but when kept with more than 3-4, he becomes the baby of the tank, always eating last. I have a Fire Eel in there with him right now, some convicts, (hoping to get rid off), 2 small Green Terror, and a small Knife fish, they are all doing well together which raises a question mark, can I, add some Rays in there? can I add a Black and 2 Silver arrows in there? all these fish excluding the convicts are awaiting a 450g to be deliver. the 450 is 5ftX5ftX2.5tall, massive but beautiful. the Jardini (Lucky) looses some color due to white gravel, otherwise he's great color when he's not stressed out (when I have to move him)....
You may add those aros, but im not sure how you plan on adding them. what i mean is, they would have to hold their own in there, if they cannot then you must have a back-up tank ready.
i would not recommend adding them now nor ever. best to add all of them while their young.
adding a ray...i'm planning to do this also. want to get a yepesi ray.

sonnys503

yepesi ray, haven't seen those in the NW. I want to but I won't add Rays to my Jar Tank. he's peaceful, but I know anyday can be his mates last. so I am hoping to keep cichlids that can handle themselves, the Black,Silvers will have to wait for their own tank along with some motoros that I hope to get.
If they are from Brazil I can ask Glenn who got me awesome deals on motoros last week, but I had to pass it to someone else because I did not have the space for them. I've got a 100G horse trough that I use for preparation. I also quaranteen large fish I rescue there before putting them into my tanks.

sonnys503

This is the direction I am headed...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
450G Jar Tank - Jarhead himself, Cichla )Occellaris, Monos, Onrin), Endlicheris, Ornates.
125 Grow out --> 300G South Amercian tank - Black ArowsX2, Silver ArownX1, MotorosX2, Clown Loaches. Red head Tapajos.

125 --> 300G African Tank - Malawi Baeschi, Petricolas, Multipunctatus, Frontosas, Morrii
085G Audrey's tank the Fire Eel, Clown Knife
120 - Hospital tank
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sonnys503

Didn't u just got rid of your 180g, the 450 is 5x5x2.5. Wished is was 7x3x2.5!

No more fronts, can't believe what a pain tht was to sell those nice fronts.
Sad to see them go but happy tht I have now have room to move my Jarhead into until the Big Tank arrives.