Members'fish pics

John58Ford

@John58Ford, Just outrageous clarity on that pic of the otto!
Makes me want to get a better lens for my Sony DSLR...
I agree. I need to get back to taking pics with my SLR rather than just being lazy and using my phone. :eek:
Sad thing about that one is it was my phone this time. I was playing with macro lenses on one of my old cameras back in October-November as I had "upgraded" my phone to an S22, which took awful close up shots in my honest opinion. That forced me to get the old twist and click out of the closet. My older lg v35 is being used by my son who would up stage most any shot I took on the Samsung basically as I took them(Both phones in full manual mode). Since Christmas all my shots have been taken by pixel 7, I don't like the lack of manual focus for quick moving fish entering a hot spot, but if you can target a fish it really does multi layer focusing on the fly quite well. That does affect my framing so most all the pictures get a crop to fix composition error caused by the cameras quirks but the shots are great. I do leave "hdr" on manual though, I have found the dynamic colors far too saturated in almost every instance.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Tropheus sp. 'red' Lunangwa South, from the south-western shoreline of Lake Tanganyika, in the (so-called) Democratic Republic of the Congo. The geopolitical state of this region is so unstable that it has been on the U.S. State Department's 'Do Not Travel' list for more than 60 years, and collecting fishes from the 410-mile western shoreline of the lake is extremely dangerous.

Lunangwa_South_01r1.jpg

Last edited:

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Tropheus sp. 'red' Chimba, young group in quarantine from a couple of years ago. There are about 10 different populations of T. sp. 'red' that are known at present, and all of them look like this before attaining their adult, population-specific coloration. There are likely more populations of T. sp. 'red' that have yet to be discovered, but their ~120 mile range along the southwest shoreline of Lake Tanganyika lies mostly in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which remains a very dangerous place for foreigners.

IMGP6229_Chimba.jpg
This is what one of those populations looks like as an adult. This is T. sp. 'red' Lunangwa South, which I have been keeping for about ten years.

Lunangwa_South_01r2.jpg