Marineland Stealth Pro Heater Alert

protocl

sidekicking said:
protocl said:
im thinking about returning both units, head over to APFP for the jagerbombs...i mean jager heaters.

do you how much the the jager heaters are going for?
hmm, not sure. i think around 35. i think. imma give them a call tomorrow.

larry.beck

I'm really bummed about this, as I just invested a lot in getting the Stealth Pro's and to be honest, I've really liked them. Considering going with the Visitherms now, and my other consideration would be the Jagers. What's everybody else thinking?

BTW, protocl, Kevin is replacing the Stealth Pro's with the Aqueon Pro's - I'm not sure I like them but I don't have any hands-on experience with them.

protocl

So, Kevin no longer stock jagers? Bummer.

Tukwila petsmart - manager said packaging is needed. Did not mention receipt. I'd call to confirm.

larry.beck

I'm not sure that he isn't carrying Jager's, I had just asked what we was going to carry to replace the Stealth Pro's.

I'd like to go with those titanium units with external thermostats but too expensive to put that on every tank. I have a Ranco thermostat on my 125g and it always make me comfortable knowing I'm not going to cook my tank.

larry.beck

protocl said:
But I do want a ranco unit with 2 controlling ports!
That's exactly what I bought. John at JEHMCO was invaluable as I was setting up my temp controller and my air system. I hadn't worked with piston pumps in the past and had a ton of questions that he guided me through. Highly recommended!

sidekicking

protocl said:
So, Kevin no longer stock jagers? Bummer.

Tukwila petsmart - manager said packaging is needed. Did not mention receipt. I'd call to confirm.

Oh man I'm screw if I need the packaging
I never save anything

dkpate

All of the people I know who took them back didn't even buy the heaters at PetSmart, and didn't have receipts OR packaging. Best thing to do it call and ask. I know the Issaquah PetSmart is taking the heaters without the other stuff.
I bought my heaters on sale from Foster & Smith, so this might work out to my advantage. ;)

hbluehunter

That's a good deal, i just got my new Jager 300w for $32.99 off Dr Fosters.. I would have looked for a better deal but i was already doing a huge fosters order.. I was shocked when i got it though, it's long as hell..lol I think 20" long.. :shock:

hbluehunter

Just wanted to let people know i just got off the phone with marineland and they told me there is "NO RECALL" authorized by them.. What Petsmart does is up to them. They told me if i want to take my heaters to them it's up to them if they want to take them back. :evil:

I do have to state my heaters are the generation Stealth made right before the Stealth Pro version they're having all the issues with. I have 1 dead one and 1 working one. They gave me all the info to send my dead one back for a replacement for a "Glass Vis Therm" version, and the stealths will no longer be issued out until the problems have been resolved. So i have to wait until my working one dies to send it back.. :( They told me my version of heaters has different issues than the new stealths.. lol :violent:

protocl

hbluehunter said:
Just wanted to let people know i just got off the phone with marineland and they told me there is "NO RECALL" authorized by them.. What Petsmart does is up to them. They told me if i want to take my heaters to them it's up to them if they want to take them back. :evil:

I do have to state my heaters are the generation Stealth made right before the Stealth Pro version they're having all the issues with. I have 1 dead one and 1 working one. They gave me all the info to send my dead one back for a replacement for a "Glass Vis Therm" version, and the stealths will no longer be issued out until the problems have been resolved. So i have to wait until my working one dies to send it back.. :( They told me my version of heaters has different issues than the new stealths.. lol :violent:

HB stands correct. i just called petsmart - federal way. the lady manager mentioned bring it to them for store credit for refund.

Betty

Staff member
I think I'll wait until Marineland recalls them. I have eight of their heaters that haven't given me any problems -- some are fairly new and others I've had for a few years.

*Knocking on wood that they don't all explode today because I said this. :shock:

dkpate

It's only the indicator light ones, not the ones with the red dials. I think the indicator ones just came out last year.

hbluehunter

That is true, but i have a copy of the memo sent out by United Pet Group Inc, that says to remove all "Stealth Pro Heaters" off all retail shelves and to pull all the previous Stealth Heaters off the shelf too. So this letter might help me out when i go into Petsmart.