~~~Making My Own Food~~~

Madness

Staff member
never thought of that. I will try that. Why freeze them, just throw them into the blender. :)

Wolf-Keeper1

Success. All my fish hit it with the intent to KILL. They don't just ease up to it my rtm hears it hit the water. The Bigger dovii see him eating then rush him. The little hybrid fish is facing off with a small dovii for the scraps. I mean they are hitting it hard!

1 down fall messy.

Doza

you need to add Unflavored gelatin... It helps hold everything together so it dosent desolve all over the place..

Wolf-Keeper1

Doza- I actually thought of that after the fact. Hey it was my first try I've been in the hobby less then a year so all my blogs are my trial and error so I can learn and hopefully help other people out later. But I do appreciate the heads up wish I would have thought of it sooner cause the worse part is that it is messy.

Doza

I understand.. Just throwing out a hint if you didnt already think of it I still feed my mbuna mix and i put gelatin in mine and it still makes a mess.. Definatly make sure you put enough gelatin and wait untill your sure its fully solidified.

Looks great tho man... Curious if you put more shrimp in if it would help bring out coloration on the fish?? Kind of a natural dye..??

Doza

i know thats how salmon get their pink meat unlike trout or other fish.. Dont know if itll affect the appearance of a fish tho..