Lots of Pleco eggs !

Kianna

Fern said:
They look to be all long fin, just some longer than others.

I love how the adults will let the youngsters sit on their head :p Its so cute!
I think its cute too! The dads all seem to allow but the females all seem to get annoyed by it and seem to stay off by themselves. I guess its because the dads do all the caring for.

hbluehunter said:
They are too cool looking, i wish i never would have sold my albino pair a few years back.. Just curious what size tank you keep these in for breeding ?? Or are they just in a community tank ??

No not in a community tank. I've tried that before and if they don't get eaten they really have a hard time competing for food. The albino trio is in a 29 gal right now (but they use to be in a 20L. They're producing about 75 fry every 4 weeks so I'm constantly moving the oldest fry around amongst a dozen or so tanks. It also helps keep all my others clean....lol Otherwise the tank gets quickly overrun/overstocked. The long fin pair are currently in the 20L...they don't appear to be ready to start the second spawning so maybe they won't be quite as prolific.

Fern

I keep my group of 8 in a 33g long, same foot print as a 55g just really shallow so its great for them!