LJ's 75 gallon Walstad inspired planted tank

A

Anonymous

I hope he joins fishbox. He was a cool cat or nice gentle man for ppl who dont understand. Jk :D 

A

Anonymous

Lamental Jester said:
And a pic of one of the leopard ctenopomas I got from theChad:
July2c_zps460b4574.jpg
Look at that handsome beast :D

Lamental Jester

Snapped some pics.  So as I was saying before, I'm making some changes to the tank, most of the big swords have been cleared out, the rest pushed to the back, as well as the sunset hydro.  Also cleared out all the water sprite and wisteria.  I won a huge Aponogeton Bovinianus from the plant swap at Aquarium Co-Op that I stuck in the back middle.  Got some Blyxa Japonica at the plant swap too (thanks Angelman).  I also added some plant that I don't know the name of, Hobbyorobsession can you tell me what it is?  It's the plant you gave away at the last GSAS meeting.  Also, got a stem of mermaid weed from Hobbyorobsession, thank you!  Got some Staurogyne Repens out on the left side, hoping to get it to spread and fill out.  Stargrass got put in there too on the right side to fill inbetween some rocks (thanks Poke).  Anyways, here's what the tank look like currently:
2_zps88f9c8e3.jpg

Blyxa Japonica, Marsilea Minuta, Stargrass, Mermaid Weed, mystery plant (left).  Green Temple moved to back corner, red crypts grouped together and moved to side:
3_zpsc7f26b51.jpg

Staurogyne Repens close up:
1_zps4bcb1e43.jpg

So I know the tank isn't looking at its best compared to other times, but once things fill out hopefully my vision will become reality, also been having trouble getting good pics out of my camera for some reason, but I will keep trying.  I might be switching up the lighting to LEDs soon too.

A

Anonymous

WOW LJ, TANK LOOKS GREAT!!

Have you thought about growing something on that big piece of LOG?

Lamental Jester

Thanks theCh... er, I mean fishNAbowl ;) (seriously, don't go all ODB on me and keep changing your name, cause as you know, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin' to *bleep* with :) )

I've been thinking about attaching some moss to it for a while now, maybe some phoenix, and possibly some anubias to the base, but we shall see.

PS:  your leopard ctenopomas' are still doing great, the shy one has become a little more outgoing, I'll have to get some pics off them on my next round of pics

Lamental Jester

@dwarfpike: Melanotaenia australis (aka Western) I think... I just call them the striped one's, lol

@Morgan: That's what she said! Boom!!! Haha, but yes, it'll probably happen

pbmax

Well, it's probably because you put it in freshwater. ;)

Really though, the tank looks fantastic; you have a great mix of plant colors and the log fits in very well. :cheers: