Variety 3
Service 5

rattle1972

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5++
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

wow! i love this store. fish were very cheap. first time ever i saw a flowerhorn that i wanted to buy.

Paintguy

Overall Experience 3+
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 4
Variety 2
Service 5

Interesting location down an alley. Made me feel like I was in the middle of the movie Blade Runner. Happy ol guy let me catch my own fish and had the best rubber band technique to tie off the bag.. and easy to remove. A different little store for sure. The whole place is maybe 10x30 feet. Note the tanks are the farthest from any clean show quality you could possibly imagine, but I got a few happy fish there.

Ashley

Overall Experience - 2
Cost - 5
Quality- 0
Variety - 4
Service - 4

The guy is pretty nice although he doesn't speak much english and the prices are dirt cheap but I try not to support this store if at all possible. The conditions in which he keeps is fish is absolutely NASTY! Wish I still had some of the pictures I took from there. Fish that were probably 12" plus in water that wasn't even covering their whole body. Ive seen garbage and wrappers in the tanks, plastic silverware. It disgusting and I feel horrible for all those fish.

Salzabar

I can't find this place in any form of search on yellowpages.com. If anyone would like to offer me the address I would be most grateful. I must see this dark alley hole of a store for myself. I shall bring clean water and santi wipes for the the poor finned swimmers while sending evil eye vibes at the owner--pft pft--

GoodnNuff

It's very close to King's Discus, just two alleys west of there.

King's is on King Street, and the alley is off King Street between Maynard and 7th Ave.

I swear he has some Mogway hidden in there somewhere...

A

Anonymous

Overall Experience - 5
Cost - 5
Quality- 0
Variety - 2
Service - 5

WOW! We went here yesterday. It was amazing. I never saw a fish tank with dirty dishes in it AND a flowerhorn! AWESOME!

Oh and I would NEVER buy a fish from here.

ledieudufromage

international district. Off of king down an alleyway. Sketchy as all get out but rad place. Just got 14 cardinals for $15 and 7 Emperors for $10. Tons of great stuff hanging from the ceiling for great prices. Also bulk food.

Overall Experience 4
Cost 5 (great prices
Quality of Fish 2(small fish) 5(large fish)
Variety 4
Service 5

lars on

Its actually "Liems" :)
Overall experience 4
Cost 5 (good prices for diseased fish)
Quality of fish 2-3 some of the convicts and bigger fish ive seen there for MONTHS, could just be they are hardy fish
Variety 3
Service 5

cafman

Overall - 1
Selection 2

I must have gone on an off day because these scores are way higher than I would rank them. Didn't see anything special and the place was kinda sketchy. Was kinda waiting for a trap door to open and get grabbed and have my organs harvested but that's prolly just my paranoia and not really a fair appraisal of the place.

MysticOS

overall experience 3
cost 5
quality of fish 3
variety 5
service 4

shop is in alleyway, has large selection of fish but is eally cramped and messy.

alexmuw

Overall Experience - 3
Cost - 4
Quality- 3
Variety - 3
Service - 3

Nothing impressive here, though there were some deals. Kind of a neat "hole-in-the-wall" type of store, really cramped.

Sonicdog

Overall experience-5
Cost-5
Quality-4
Variety-3
Service-5

Every time I visited the I-district as a child, I went to this store. Mr. Liem has not changed that I can tell in 30 years, but the economy/legality of fish stores sure has. There used to be turtles, doves, amphibians , eels, banty chickens and of course cool fish. The selection of fish has certainly diminished, but it is really surprising what you can find here. If you are O.C. or a neat freak... don't waste your time... this store will freak you out. If you want to eat off the floor.. go to Petsmart.. and stand in the sterile light of the overhead flourescents. However, if you want to walk into a store that mimics a Hong Kong or Bangkok market stall.. go visit Liem's. The watersprite he has growing outta all those tanks is the best nitrate sponge you will find; buy 5 bucks worth, plop it in a 10 gal tank, and you will have a an instant superslurry of live goodness to feed to newborn fry. You can often get blackworms or even live tubifex in small quantities from him. Make sure and look up, because there is more cool stuff hanging from the ceiling than you can shake a dust mop at. The store smells like someone left the lid off a big can of flake food in a closet, for about 50 years, so maybe wait to eat that big greasy Dim Sum meal until after you visit! The fish are hardy ... that being said... don't forget to quarantine everything you bring home from anywhere. I don't know who he is going to pass the torch to, so if you are in the area make sure and pop down the ally and visit this store before its gone. ( sorry I exceeded the 5 lines)