Let's see some set ups!

JPG@CFI

Fishboxers,

I know there are some saltwater keepers in here, and they need to come out of the closet! Be proud of whatever your rockin!

I'll start. This is a custom 75 that I put together for the Seattle Home show. 48x20x18 is the tank size, sump is 45x19x19, and the stand is natural cherry, as is the canopy. Eheim 1260 pump, and 2-200Watt Ebo's for the heat. (thanks Corey, you da man) Plumbing came out super clean, and the filter sock run real quiet, especially with the drain set up. The blacked out box on the right side of the sump, is the ATO chamber. Automatic Top Off, and holds 7.5 gallons. Should be enough to take care of the evap on her for 10 days or so. Enjoy, Jason

Lets hear what you Fishboxers think!

cichlid-gal

Beautiful tank and accessories. Great tank design for the saltwater.

We had a 75G saltwater setup for about a year and a half. The grandkids loved this tank as it was a total living environment...things crawling out of the rocks, on the substrate and walls, stuff showing up that wasn't there before, fish breeding, shrimp molting and running around, snails that disappeared into the substrate, polys growing opening and closing...many many good things about the tank.

BallardFishGuy

Aquarium Co-Op said:
Nice work. I hope to show my new tank when it's completed!
Cory - What are you building? i'm thinking of converting one tank, i miss having a reef tank. Last one i had was about 10 years ago and then another 10 years when I was a kid before that. I remember not knowing anything about salt water tanks besides what my LFS told me and I was only 15 years old, no internet. Don't think I ever changed the water and I had the tank a few years.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That sump looks better than some tanks Ive seen!  :D 

Anthraxx

just figured id share a few of my favorite setups (along with my xmas morning rockpile :p)
013-4.jpg

005-4.jpg

005-10.jpg

073.jpg

004_zps8e6f0298.jpg

A

Anonymous

DMD123 said:
That sump looks better than some tanks Ive seen!  :D 
 :plus1: - makes under my tank look like a mess. Think I'll get under there and start labeling, and tucking cords.

:geek: - Anthraxx, nice tanks. Love the shell dwellers! But- this is a salty thread. Have you posted pictures in the Gallery? There is a couple 5's here!!

MRTom

I'm still waiting to see a pic of swamp-rat's super nano saltwater micro tank of amazing. She brought it to the PSAS event at the GSAS table. It was amazing to see how the whole little thing was alive!

BallardFishGuy

I'm trying to get a new Nano salt tank set up and i'm figuring out what I'm going to do right now...so hope to post on here at some point when i start it up. Maybe I should join PSAS too? Too bad I missed the big frag swap last month. Been out of the salty side of things for many years now.

BallardFishGuy

Here is my tank...only a few fish (Percula Clown, Tail Spot Blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby) a Cleaner Shrimp, a bunch of snails, conch, and for corals I just have Xenia, Frogspawn, Torch, Hammer and a Acan (love my LPS).  Anyway the tank is doing well but just getting started really with small frags.

img_2711.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
OK, was being funny and posted some freshwater tank pics for fun.  :joker: 

Removed due to controversy of 'not being salt'