Lace Rock in Eastern Washington?

dirk

I've been looking around the web and craigslist looking for lace rock or lavra rock bolders to decorate my cichlid tanks and I cannot find anything. I know i can order pieces off ebay that gets really expensive. Any suggestions i know they sell it at some pet stores but they also charge a bunch. Starting to think that i found out it is so cheap down south has given me an unrealistic idea of being able to find this stuff for a decent price up here. The petco closest to me had boxes of lava rock on the floor and in all their tanks with swim-through arches and they told me not for sale. If anyone knows of a good source for this stuff in Eastern Washington I'd appreciate hearing about it. I did one tank here with local lava rock and it works ok hard to find any really exeptional pieces with big holes in it though.

Livebearer

If you are already in Eastern Washington a fishing license would do you alot of good and gives one the privilage to collect rock/wood. Try Banks/Lake Lenore areas. I have found some great pieces in these areas but DON"T collect in the State park!!!!

Last edited:

dirk

Unfortunately i won't be able to make the drive to that side of the state this weekend.

Livebearer

I edited the mis spellings, my keyboard sucks!!! I meant rocks, woods, petrified wood. Check your area for local "Rock & gem shows" (Google Washington rock & gem shows 2016) as well as this is a great way to acquire these.