just ordered some Pundamilia Nyererei (Makobe Island) cichlids today

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Wow, I like both sets you ordered..... You must have a lfs that orders from imperial tropical? I saw their link in one of the pictures and checked them out. They breed some nice fish

fishyladdy

i know one of the people who work there. i kinda get good deals lol they breed really nice fish and all are very healthy plus free shipping!

cichlid-gal

fishyladdy said:
ordered a breeding pair of these also

I think those are Paralabidochromis sp. "fire" or sp. "fire uganda". How do you plan on housing your Vics? Many victorian females look alot alike. Keeping your two species separated will be important so as to alleviate issues with crossbreeding.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I don't need to know when you get them, I only need to know when you have some fry available!!!! They are very cool!

CrazedAce

This thread made me look at my breeding stock of P. nyererei... I am unsure of variant and am very sad. Because now I have about a hundred fry that are teetering on the brink of feeders. :(

A

Anonymous

Damn. Thats gonna be a hella long drive for you. It took me 1.5hrs to go to you. To shelton from Snohomish. Man maybe 3 hrs. Geez girl you're serious about this hobby.

CrazedAce

Nah, I won't throw them out. New game plan is to grow the fry out to juveniles and see what kind of markings I get. This will show me what patterns are most common in the breed. So on and so forth. But I still am not sure if I should bother stripping the female I haven't seen for about a week...

Madness

Staff member
no Shelton is northwest of Olympia but you have to go through Olympia to get there

CrazedAce

Or take a fairy from Seattle to Bremerton and go that way, avoid a lot of traffic.

So I think me and my wife decided that they are actually Mbipia lutea. At least for now. We shall see what we get. Would be cool still either way, and no albinos come up in search.

If your nyererei breed after you get them and spoil them for a while, I would be interested in some fry as well!

fishyladdy

so i got these guys today ive been trying to get pics for you guys but i can only get good ones on my phone and they wont upload on here :( ill try with the lights off tonight, the order was for 6 and they gave me 8 :)