Just an Oscar or two, 210g update

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Have been bummed since the plague hit my tank and have not taken very many pics. So I decided I need to snap out of it and show everybody what I have growing out in the 210g.

Here is the first Oscar, kind of plain but has a great personality and gets along great in a community setting.

Here is the second Oscar who is affectionately called "the jerk" because he does not play well with others.

Here's the bad boys together, They were both the same size when I got them, but the one has grown faster than the other. A little bit of an optical illusion with the smaller one in back but there really is a huge size difference in the two.

Here is the new flagtail, getting to be one of my favorites

Loves to hang out with the red hook silver dollars

The new spotted silver dollars, they are tiny!

The new gold sev checking out his reflection next to "the jerk"

So that is my update on the 210g.

Still looking for one more cichlid, possibly Zerc has a stalsbergi that might go into the mix. Or trying to find an inexpensive pike of some sort. "The jerk" Oscar is very colorful but does not get along well with other fish so he may end up going.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The one Oscar probably is twice the size of the other and getting thick. I hope he turns out to be one of those HUGE Oscars you see on occasion.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Zerc said:
I have it, come get it! :D
Can you shoot me a PM with your cell and address again. I thought I put that in my save box but...

Zerc

the fish is in good shape right now too, all of the aggression from my big orange pig has been directed at my green terror, who seems to always be missing a few scales. :x

A

Anonymous

I like your flagtail and your sevrum, they look great... not a big fan of oscars, but your look healthy.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The big O has the proper body shape and fullness about him. The smaller one just does not have a typical Oscar look to me. Its not deformed just an elongated, thinness about it. Eats like a pig still. :pig:

Most likely I will only have one Oscar, the bigger community friendly one. The sev is an experiment, seems way too shy and reclusive for my taste but its only been in the tank since Sunday so I will give it some time. I am still thinking about another Pearsei...

So nothing is really 100% for sure in this stock, except the big O, Flagtail and SD's.

Madness

Staff member
what about adding some Geophagus to your SA theme? Say like 3 Gymnogeophagus Gymnogenys? Or like I said before and you never responded to it, :D a male Kraussi.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about a kraussi... :scratch: Was not ignoring the suggestion just not sure on the fish.

Getting Zerc's stalsbergi tonight.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Not sure about a kraussi... :scratch: Was not ignoring the suggestion just not sure on the fish.

Ya you are, you dont like my suggestions. :nanana:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Its not that, they just have a funny way of just sitting there. They are ambush predators and they just dont seen to move around alot. At least thats whatIve seen in the few that Ive had a chance to watch.

Zerc

madness said:
DMD123 said:

Ya you are, you dont like my suggestions. :nanana:
I'm going to sneak a fire eel into his bucket tonight...

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Fish at home. Oscars hate it. Thankfully it is bigger than them, it just has not realized it yet.

Its starting to get some color back and swimming around checking everything out.