JetteJ's 2017 Revelation!!!

jettej

That looks AMAZING!!! I like that tank. I tried to set up a Fluval and two came broken. I gave up. I love the idea though. *sniff*

Leave the hobby? What? Did aliens -- or zombies --- steal your brains? What would we do with all of our free time???

*giggle*

Thanks!

I have another hobby that mostly takes my time which is working on my drift car and using it.
but now that my overtime has been decreased I can do both hobby with enough time :D

jettej

Is that the shrimp in you avatar? Love that color!
I wish. Almost the same shade of color but the eyes won't be orange. My avatar are Orange Eye Blue Tigers. They are caridina species while Dream Blue are Neocaridina. Best part is icn have both in the same tank and they won't interbreed. The problem is Dream Blues are like $3-6/ea while OEBT are about $20-25/ea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jettej

I love it too - but I'm such a freak about RED. My whole house is red-based. Blue would clash.

But I support your Blue Dreams @jettej !!
I use to have fire reds. But i really like the shade of blues.

jettej

Living vicariously through your Blue Dream DREAM! Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously. Pics or it didn't happen.
My plan is to do a shrimpless/fishless cycle so it will take a month before i can add shrimpies :D

jettej

Add a filter taken form one of your other tanks. Boom!! Instant cycle, sort of

I already put some biological filters from my other tank. But i want to take my time and focus on the aquascape for now since i'm actually new to the serious keeping or building of a planted tank. I am very excited TBH!

jettej

Since I got mine a while back, so my new favorite color. but, don't know if i should cull out to get pure blue dreams or go for Rili version.

I always like solid colored ones. Rili's looks nice but I can't tell which one should look pretty and which one is regular. You know what I mean?

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I always like solid colored ones. Rili's looks nice but I can't tell which one should look pretty and which one is regular. You know what I mean?

Personal taste really holds a LOT of water in the shrimp-keeping thing. I watched Lup Diesel's YouTube that showed all of the shrimps he has now and I IMMEDIATELY had a gut-reaction style love/hate to some of them. For example, the Black King Kongs reminded me of bugs. I didn't like them. But the PRLs and the CRS - I was googly eyed and all "awww" about those. There were others I liked too - but none as much as the PRLs and CRS.

Although, LR Bretz showed a blue dream (I think) that was almost PURPLE in one of his videos and I lost it. <3