JetteJ's 2017 Revelation!!!

jettej

Hello Everyone,

A lot of you will be surprised what I just did recently, as some of you have seen or have heard that I was trying to get out of the hobby. But fortunately I did not. I went to the GSAS homeshow last week and I was glad I did! It brought all the my interest and my motivation back for the hobby! I met @Wenzoui at a local Facebook Aquarist Group about a month ago. He has helped me a lot in this particular part of the hobby. Planted Tank. We visited Aquarium Co-op last Yesterday (03/21/17) @Ali was the only one there at the time and she was awesome! Me and @Wenzoui went there just to visit and see what "We" might be able to take home :D I saw one of the tank they are selling the "Fluval Flex" 15 Gal. at first it looked okay to me. but the more I looked at it the more it's becoming attractive. After a few minutes of thinking about it and some online research. I finally decided to buy it! I also bought a bag of eco-complete, a couple kinds of live plant, and a manzanita branch. and hour later we got home and @Wenzoui helped me a lot on aquascaping it. Here's the final "Starting" result:

20170321_193409.jpg 20170321_195429.jpg 20170321_195519.jpg 20170321_195532.jpg 20170321_195543.jpg 20170321_195557.jpg

Betty

Staff member
I'm glad you decided to stay in the hobby. The tank looks great. I haven't seen that shape before. Is the filtration built in?

jettej

I'm glad you decided to stay in the hobby. The tank looks great. I haven't seen that shape before. Is the filtration built in?

Thank you! Yes its pretty new. The filtration is amazing it is built in! look it up it's pretty cool! lights are awesome too btw!

Mike16T

Ooooohhh... You better be careful not banging or accidentally hit the tank with something. Glass on that Fluval Flex is so thin.

Nice set up... ^_^

I was deciding between that tank and Nuvo Fusion. I bought the Nuvo instead. When I went to Sierra to buy a tank, They already have FLuval flex going back to the vendor due to broken glass. They told me that it's too fragile. That's when I inspected the flex and found out the glass thickness.

jettej

I'm glad that you decided on that tank as they are amazing. I love the design as well.
Thank you. I like it a lot. Its clean. I like the overflow set upbas i dont have to worry hiding the heater and the filters and it has huge filtration system behind so it helps me and my tank to be low tech and low maintenance. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jettej

Ooooohhh... You better be careful not banging or accidentally hit the tank with something. Glass on that Fluval Flex is so thin.

Nice set up... ^_^

I was deciding between that tank and Nuvo Fusion. I bought the Nuvo instead. When I went to Sierra to buy a tank, They already have FLuval flex going back to the vendor due to broken glass. They told me that it's too fragile. That's when I inspected the flex and found out the glass thickness.
Yeah thanks for the honest input. I placed it at the corner of my room where there are less activity..i had put a 15 gallon there before. When we moved..

One reason its a lot cheaper than otger competitors is the glass material. I really hope it holds well on me.

Loren

Yeah thanks for the honest input. I placed it at the corner of my room where there are less activity..i had put a 15 gallon there before. When we moved..

One reason its a lot cheaper than otger competitors is the glass material. I really hope it holds well on me.

I'm sure that if you are careful everything will be fine. I spoke with the fish room manager at Denny's Pet World several months ago about that tank. He agreed that the thickness could be better but hadn't had a single Customer come back yet to say that their tank glass broke.

julzhull

I love that tank. I love all curved tanks though, I have two bow fronts and they're my favorite. I was really sad to find out they don't make the really big bow fronts anymore. Right when we were able to afford them we discovered they don't make them QQ

jettej

I'm sure that if you are careful everything will be fine. I spoke with the fish room manager at Denny's Pet World several months ago about that tank. He agreed that the thickness could be better but hadn't had a single Customer come back yet to say that their tank glass broke.
Yes. I always take care of my tanks especially if they're inside me room! I have carpet and yes it won't be cool to have water all over my room's carpet. I have two dogs and i don't want to add more extra scent in the room haha.

Loren

I love that tank. I love all curved tanks though, I have two bow fronts and they're my favorite. I was really sad to find out they don't make the really big bow fronts anymore. Right when we were able to afford them we discovered they don't make them QQ
Don't cry there are always plenty for sale on craigslist. That is where I got my 46 gallon bowfront. :)

jettej

These tanks are amazingly priced well. $120-$130

All you need are substrate, hardscape, plants, heater (if needed) and fish/shrimp and your good to go! This whole build without the shrimps yet is approx. $200.00

julzhull

Don't cry there are always plenty for sale on craigslist. That is where I got my 46 gallon bowfront. :)
That's how we got our 46 gallon bowfront as well ;) We got an amazing deal. I wanted one of the 72 gallon or larger ones. I scored a 13.3 gallon Mr. Aqua bowfront from Aquarium Zen on Black Friday. I guess they stopped making them and it was the last one that he had.

julzhull

All you need are substrate, hardscape, plants, heater (if needed) and fish/shrimp and your good to go! This whole build without the shrimps yet is approx. $200.00

Some day. I did enter a giveaway recently for one so fingers crossed ;)

Mike16T

You check out nuvo fusion nano tanks (tank only). It is priced well also for the quality that you are getting. The 10 gallon cube that i got is almost the same weight as 20 gallon tanks due to how thick the glass that they used. =)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Thank you! Yes its pretty new. The filtration is amazing it is built in! look it up it's pretty cool! lights are awesome too btw!

That looks AMAZING!!! I like that tank. I tried to set up a Fluval and two came broken. I gave up. I love the idea though. *sniff*

Leave the hobby? What? Did aliens -- or zombies --- steal your brains? What would we do with all of our free time???

*giggle*

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
You check out nuvo fusion nano tanks (tank only). It is priced well also for the quality that you are getting. The 10 gallon cube that i got is almost the same weight as 20 gallon tanks due to how thick the glass that they used. =)

Great point! I do love the "all in one" Fluval thing though. It's so dang handy.....