I've waited a few years for this.

hbluehunter

Re: I've waited a few years for this.

Thanks for the heads up, yea i used to shoot off to the left also.. I'll have to look for the exact place you mentioned.. Last thing i want to do is get in trouble with my kids with me.. :(

hbluehunter

Hey one more question for ya.. How hard is that Tinkham rd to get up if you do have 4wd ?? I just got new tires on the truck so i good to go there, i'm just not sure how nasty that rd is ??

TRD_Power

Tinkham can be somewhat of a nightmare around this time. It's been a couple years since I've been up there, but it was around this time when I last went and we could only make it about half way to the big bowl up top. Your best bet is just going for it and having a backup plan (Issaquah range) if you are unable to make it.

hbluehunter

Thanks for the heads up TRD.. I better just go for the back up, my wife will want to kill me if we get stuck up there..lol

TRD_Power

Haha, yeah. Definitely not a fun place to get stuck, I'm sure! The Issaquah range isn't bad... The downside to it is that it's outside, but at least it's covered. Although it's not the best range out there, it's 100 yards. The lady who runs it is a bit odd to say the least, but she's pretty cool.

hbluehunter

I might try and check it out.. I'm looking for a place to take my kids out and teach them to shoot, kinda why I wanted to do outside and not on a crowded range. Plus some ranges might not take too well to kids shooting.

Ashley

Tinkham does get bad especially with all the snow we have been getting. But you might be able to make it up with a truck with good tires. I've made it up in a little bit of snow in my celica but I couldn't tell ya what it's like up there right now because we haven't been! I can say for sure Sultan basin is in good condition right now! Good luck and have fun