I've waited a few years for this.

Wolf-Keeper1

I've waited a few years for this.

So I put my "big" tank on hold for the time being. There was something else I've actually waited to get for 5+ years. Something that would serve more purpose then daily zen, but also offer piece of mind. Plus if zombies ever attacked I wanted to be ready lol. ( Not really a nutcase, just having fun)

Just check it out lol.

http://emob126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/cypher333/photo-24.jpg?t=1298449811

http://emob126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/cypher333/IMG_1011.jpg?t=1298449813

http://emob126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/cypher333/IMG_1012.jpg?t=1298449816

Ok still using the phone, I put more then a tank on hold for this cause I also wanted to get a computer but I have a bonus coming up so hopefully I'll get it then if not then you'll see another gun.

I know this is a fish board, I know this is my common tie to everyone here, but I also know I'm not the only one "here" that enjoys shooting so I wanted to share.

What I bought was a Rock River LAR-6. It shoots a 6.8mm round ( didn't even know it existed ). A halographic site made by EOtech, and a front grip that holds a tacticle light. It also has a quad rail to add more attachments if need. I plan to use this for small game hunting, like whitetail deer, black bear, aswell as various other preds. It's a step up from your groundhog buster. And just below the 7.62. It is based on the .270 round and sits on a modified .30 casing. It's necked down and blown out.

My gun is the fully tacticle setup. I'll remove the sight and add a scope for hunting. Although if it's close quater hunting the sites make more sense, since it is a futuristic "iron site".

So just thought I'd share gun fanciers let me know what you think.

hbluehunter

Re: I've waited a few years for this.

Nice.. :punk: I 've been wanting one of those also, but grabbed a RIA 1911 instead.. :)
I'll get the AR later after i convince my wife that you don't have to be a Terrorist to own one..lol

Very nice, my next gun is either a 44. revolver or a mil spec 1911, currently own a glock 17 and a eea witness in 45acp/ 22lr conversion . ...tactical ar platforms I have issue picking caliber.

Wolf-Keeper1

Haha. That's funny. I brought it home and showed my gf. I was like check out my new gun. She said that's not a gun that's a rifle. Lol. Go figure. Thanks for checking it out though Hunter.

Ashley

Nice! Since we went shooting on Sunday I've been all interested in stuff for my gsg-5. I really want the red dot and the hand grip thing (idk what it's called) I think josh's next purchase is an AK or an AUG

Wolf-Keeper1

ObSession- a .44 would be real nice always a head turner at the range. That's the cool thing about AR's that I'm learning especially with the 6.8. It isn't too hard to get the upper in like .223 so I could still have a fun gun just for the range and maybe home defense. I wouldn't be able to hunt with it. But then I'll could just switch back barrels. So versatile. Thanks for checking it out.

Wolf-Keeper1

Hey Ashley, yeah I seen that pic you shouldve put face paint on you wouldve been all kinds of black ops lol. Throwing a halographic site would make that gun look cool and still serve a purpose. Alot of people are using that type of "red dot".

I was originally planning on slowly building one up. But when I went to the store they had one for sale in a tacticle set up for a fair price. So I had the cash in hand and decided to go with it. They have a couple other ones too. But different calibers and also different manufacturers. Thanks for checking it out.

hbluehunter

Ashley said:
Nice! Since we went shooting on Sunday I've been all interested in stuff for my gsg-5. I really want the red dot and the hand grip thing (idk what it's called) I think josh's next purchase is an AK or an AUG
Hey did you go shooting off the road you were telling me about ?? I'm thinking of running up there this weekend if the snow isn't too bad.

protocl

niice setup!

im thinking about dual Kimber 1911's. trying to figure out how to make them resemble the same weapons on Hitman, the game - silverballers.

remiq.net_13292.jpg

Wolf-Keeper1

That would be sick, it's crazy how dang accurate those Kimbers are out of the box. If you do get that custome set up you have to show pictures. I like the guns from face off the I'm not sure what his were. I think travolta was using them.

protocl

Ashley said:
get the AUG. mechanical triggering and the barrel - impressive. the last time i saw a AUG rifle with dual triggers, the barrel of this particular item; Steyr used the Japanese approach in formulating the barrel.

lilfishie

I used to have an AR-15 and a 357 Black Hawk. Used to go target shooting in the mountains in southern cali. Turned them into the PD when I was having trouble with my son. It was too dangerous to keep them with his attitude and behavior at that time. I've been thinking about getting a concealed carry permit and another hand gun of some kind.

Wolf-Keeper1

I'm surprised you didn't try to sell them. I'm guessing preban AR?? There are so many nice pistols both cosmetic aswell as functional. They have compact kimbers that are really nice. High end but you do get what you pay for. Also the kimber has a new 9mm coming out real soon. Alot of intreast there. But considering you've shot a .357 I would like to recomend the P2000 by H&k in .40. My bro has one. Really nice and accurate still keep the "knockdown" power but if needed you can easily follow up ;)

Ashley

Mike, no we didnt go up to tinkham because we didnt have a 4wd care that we though could make it up there. We went to a place off sultan basin road. It's really easy to get to and there wasn't barely any snow.

You go into monroe and in to sultan. And turn left onto sultan basin road. Go alll the way down probably a good 6 miles and there will be a lake on the left hand side. Keep going about another mile or two and on the right hand side there is a pull off for cars and huge ditches so cars can't drive over onto the pit. But there is obvious signs that there was shooting (pop cans, garbage, boxes, targets) so you know you are in the right place.

hbluehunter

Thanks, i used to shoot off Sultan basin road years ago but wasn't sure if you still could anymore. Glad to hear you still can. I wanna find somewhere to go maybe this weekend. My kids are really wanting to try shooting their 22's.. :) Hope the snow is gone by then..

TRD_Power

Kimber's aren't very good, unfortunately. They use MIM parts, which is a no no for any gun, IMO. Les Baer is the pinnacle for 1911's, however I would stick to the original designer of the gun, Colt, over Kimber. Another thing about the Les Baer is that they are damn near impossible to open up when it comes time to clean since they are so tightly fitted together. I've been shooting for quite a while now, and the Kimber's are all fanboy hype and advertising... DEFINITELY not worth the money. Another one to steer clear of is Springfield; however, I would get a Springfield over a Kimber any day of the week. 1911's are the best handguns out there, hands down! Here's my soon to be concealed carry gun: http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/colt_defender.jpg

Wolf-Keeper1, have you been out to the range much with your toy yet? :) I bet it's a blast to shoot!

This is one of my babies right now. It's a Loaded, SS, Springfield M1A:
M1aa.jpg

hbluehunter

TRD, that's a sweet M1A..
I'm new to the 1911 world, and when i went into Adventure Sports to get my 1st one they told me they've had issues with the Springfield's and none with the RIA 1911's.. That's the reason i went with the RIA GI model. Would have liked the Tactical but they didn't have one and i didn't have the cash for it either..lol So far i love my new Rock.. :)

TRD_Power

hbluehunter said:
TRD, that's a sweet M1A..
I'm new to the 1911 world, and when i went into Adventure Sports to get my 1st one they told me they've had issues with the Springfield's and none with the RIA 1911's.. That's the reason i went with the RIA GI model. Would have liked the Tactical but they didn't have one and i didn't have the cash for it either..lol So far i love my new Rock.. :)
Thanks!

Yeah, RIA's are great guns for just getting out and going through a few boxes of ammo with some buddies :) I don't have any personal experience with them, but I remember reading an article a while back that said the only complaint was Rock Island's customer service, which I think we can agree that isn't as important as the gun its self! Springfield 1911's just aren't that great overall... I love Springfield rifles, but their handguns aren't worth a second look, IMO.

Wolf-Keeper1

Nice! Do you hunt with that?

I've only been able to take it out once since I've got it. Roughly a couple weeks ago. But I do plan to shoot more often now. I forgot how much I enjoyed it, when I took my Springfield XD out ;).

Also I'd like to say I also own a kimber. Had it since forever. And honestly couldn't remember how many rounds went through it. But from my own experience I have yet to have a single issue with it. Not so much as a mis-feed or stove pipe. I've probably had my kimber for 5+ years now. And my XD not too far off from that. I like them
both. And I honestly am comfortable and feel safe carrying either. Oh and also an H&K. But that gun is loud!

Ashley

Mike- We used to shoot at sultan basin in the same spot for a while but when we last went to our spot a local guy came and told us anything on the left side of sultan basin road is now illegal to shoot because neighbors were complaining. So the place I explained to you was the last legal spot to shoot on the road. Just so ya know!

That's what the guy told us anyways. He was pretty cool he saved us from getting in some trouble lol