It's that time again Petco $1/gallon sale!

flamechica

Yeah, they were only doing 20% off today. Oh well, I found something that will work for cheaper than I was expecting, so I am happy. I have been looking for weeks and hadn't found anything I liked or that was sturdy enough, etc. This is actually going to be cool because the way the tank will sit next to my chair, the long side will be next to my arm rest, so I will be able to see the whole tank from where I sit, instead of just looking in the side panel. I first looked at my hubby funny when he suggested, because it might look funny in our living room that way, but I set the tanks up for us, not for anyone else, so I don't care what anyone else thinks of how it looks. Lol

flamechica

Most of my tanks are just on random furniture that I have or purchased. A couple have stands they came with. I looked into aquarium stands, but I didn't like any of them and they are way over priced. Plus, some of the furniture I have some of my tanks on have way more storage space than store bought stands.

ziggyzoo

Agreed. The one I got has a bunch of side shelves. I dream of filling them with mini nano tanks some day :)

flamechica

ziggyzoo said:
Agreed. The one I got has a bunch of side shelves. I dream of filling them with mini nano tanks some day :)
That would be cool! I thought of something kinda like that with smaller entertainment centers. Like putting a 20L on top and putting a 40B where the TV hole is. But I think the stand I got will work out great.
Grimblegrumble said:
My stand is a Sewing machine that folds into itself to be a table. my sewing skills are sub par.
I saw a table like that, but they wanted a lot of money for it being an antique and all. I really liked it though.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have an entertainment center I have a 20 tall where the tv goes. My rabbits cage is on top and then I use the left side with shelves for my nail equipment storage (I do my own acrylics and designs)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
It works well for my needs. I have another one across the room, both acquired via moves for free, that I have my fish stuff on the shelves. Where the tv goes is where the cats food bowls are at and then the top has a blanket and beds on it for the cats in front of the window so they can look outside. :)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Oh they do. They also have a twin bed to themselves in the room lol. Spoiled. That's where the majority of my tanks are too. All my pets are mostly in one room. The cats get roam of the house but that is "their" room with a baby gate across it so the dogs can't get in there, only they can. So they can get away when they want to and keeps the dogs from eating cat food and kitty-roca.

flamechica

We do that with our bedroom during day to keep our dogs out of our bed. Our beagle/basset mix will darn near tear the covers off the bed trying to get under them. Very annoying. Plus like you said, that way, the cats have a place they can go when they don't want to be bothered.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Yeah our bedroom is off limits to all pets. That is OUR place to get away lol :) The cats are put in there at night because they can't behave at night and keep us awake.

The Sale on TANKS IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW!!! UNTIL MAY 2nd!!!! I just picked up a 40 gallon breeder for $40.00!!!!!! a $119.00 tank normally.

Bob

Picked me up some new tanks, im getting to point where i don't have room for all of them =(

Vicmacki said:
Picked me up some new tanks, im getting to point where i don't have room for all of them =(
lol same here... I have 2 55g, 3 20g, and now a 40g breeder for my Angels!! might have to seek out an Aquarium Anonymous group soon :shock:

Bob

Nice to see im not the only one. I have a 125, 2 55s, 4 40s, 3 20 longs, 2 20 talls, 14, and 2 tens. My empty tanks include a 90, 33 long, 55, 2 fluval 9 gallons and who knows how many 10 gallons, a few 40 breeders. My garage looks like a petco store.