It's Been awhile but I'm Back!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Actually I took more like a 30 year break from the hobby and have been amazed at all of the cool fish/shrimp that have either been discovered/developed in that time frame.

Very similar situation for me. I took a good 20+ year break and when I started to do research to come back it was interesting that under gravel filters were out and that there were some really cool cichlids now available (flowerhorns)
So I buy a 65B I find used on Craigslist and then the addiction starts and I now end up with a 300g, lol

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Hey how is it going WA fellow fish keepers! As some of you know me for my African Cichlids Keeper. I've been out of the hobby for a few years due to not having enough funds and space for tanks. Now that I back on my feet and purchased my new home, I have all of the room I need ;). I haven't found a decent price tank yet but I will be making a step by step progress when I set it up!

Welcome back!!!

I never really took a break....I've had one of my tanks going since 2004 - maybe earlier? - a small, small bowfront aqueon "desk tank" kind of. Red. Had to be red. Now it's full of breeding endlers!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Very similar situation for me. I took a good 20+ year break and when I started to do research to come back it was interesting that under gravel filters were out and that there were some really cool cichlids now available (flowerhorns)
So I buy a 65B I find used on Craigslist and then the addiction starts and I now end up with a 300g, lol

<== wishes she could have punched the "Like" button a gazillion times....

L190

sounds like me besides the 20+ year part

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
Nothing much! How are you? I just found some African Cichlids for sale at FB and thought he might be interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ohhh I thought they were YOURS! hahahaha "going different direction..." I thought, Where the heck is JetteJ going? LOL

jettej

Ohhh I thought they were YOURS! hahahaha "going different direction..." I thought, Where the heck is JetteJ going? LOL
Haha no but I am upgrading my fishroom. :D I will talk about it later on. I'm plannjng to make a quick update soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk