if you had a friend that was an importer

A

Anonymous

Kaosu said:
:( sorry was not trying to do that :(,,,they are rather pricey there.
but! that dose not mean you cant have them to!!:p you are closer to allot more people on here, than Bellingham AND you ship...so :p Idea still in place

no reason to be sory ,i think its funny ,,,,ive really got to get up there and see that place ,ive heard its awesome...

tropical fish keeping is a hobby to be shared ,if i know someone has something that i do not have i pass it on,im not trying to corner the market ,and i sure didn't invent the fish,,,,,

peace

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
The thought of shipping fish and being DOA makes me too nervous to ship. lol Especially in this weather lately. Thank you for the info though. If I make it up that way I will check out your store!

Madness

Staff member
Well I had a list of my most wanted and hit the wrong :x freakin button :x and wiped out the list. Forget it I am not typing all those names again. What I will say is that I would like to see some different species of C & S American Cichs. I am so tired of going to my LFS and seeing the same old boring selection. I have NO boring normals in my tanks. (well, I do have Convicts) but they are all uniquely colored. :) It was awesome to see that you had some Vieja Argenteas. Thats one fish off my wish list. (I will be getting a couple more)

Just fish that are out of the norm is what I would like to see.

zabelkid

doza hit it right on the money,
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara, and cobue.
Pseudotropheus sp. "polit" Lion's Cove
ive been looking for these guys and no one has them i would buy.

A

Anonymous

zabelkid said:
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara
gotcha fellas,some of whats been suggested is already in my shop

the benefit of buying many at a time,i may get just 4 or 5 varieties a week ,but that's the beauty of asking what the public wants,

so far the fish suggestions are awesome,,i do have 1700 gallons of water now with some real nice fish in there now.im open noon to 8 pm from Tuesday till Sunday.

i believe i have a posting on craigslist with some of what i have in stock ,,,man im tired ,,,,nite

Pathfinder

If the wish list is still open, Then Im wondering are you able to locate and get the L260 Queen Arabesque Pleco in stock?

those exact type can be found on the river wonders website ,let me know if they are too expencive ,i may be able to get a wholesale price ,i do hope this posting stays open also

thank you

zabelkid said:
Cynotilapia afra (hai reef) and Jalo reef, white top hara, and cobue.
i have received a wholesale list with these types of fish ,
i will get in touch soon with costs and delivery options very soon
thank you

not always true,many of these are farm raised ,the wild caught types need to be specified ,

depending on what kind of fish a person wants i can get in on group buys with other importers to help with the minimum order requirements that are specified by certain countries,..

example Columbia has a 2000.00 usd minimum with 70% down for their wild caught rays,and of course my federal fish and wildlife permit
to file the E D E C papers and the 7501 customs forms and the appointment for inspection with the us fish and wildlife,which is getting more expencive each year .it is 150.00 this year and goes up to 186 .00 in january,

the types your speaking of in this posting ,can be the wild caught variety,

but they are expensive and i do not just randomly order to stock here in the shop,

i go in on shipments with another person out of Oregon

Doza

ok yea i understand there could be huge losses if you just kept wild caught stocked in your store and understand that any wild caught fish would be already called for..

Im not ready for any fish really atm i was just throwing out a list of the fish i have been and would be looking for...

Like others have said these are the popular mbuna many ppl like and im sure there are others..

And from the sounds of it there are ppl currently interested...

I will be hopefully ready closer to spring to be doing some inquiring of WC fish

gotcha,

for the experienced hobbyist wild caught are available ,and i really enjoy the out of the norm type ordering i get to do ,

for the common traffic in here ,there are lots of options ,i still like getting them imported from 3rd world countries ,the fish are mostly farm raised,i get sent cool pics sometimes of the farms.

i sell thousands of koi here and used to from home also.

sure i can get the import japanese koi ,but the locals arround my area are still feeding the harron ,racoons and taking medical advice from employees of chain stores and killing the fish with chemacals,

i sell very beautiful koi from china and thailand @ 1 /3 of the cost of the japanese,

don't get me wrong my 6 koi in my 3900 gallon pond are from Hiroshima and they're all 7 to 8 year old monsters worth big money , I hope you can see the importance of this posting now as to see what the public wants ,i get to learn what kind of experience im trying to cater to in order to be a success for my self and other hobbyist.

i have gained a lot from this posting ,and as always i hope to gain friendships along the way.

thank you

Doza

I understood it complete and am actually happy that you would put yourself out there and offer your services. You really have put yourself out there..

I will be happy to do business with you and see how it goes.. Would be puting your years of shipping to the test..lol even though for wild caught would probably end up picking them up in person..

Gland to hear about the gallonage for those guys i feal bad for goldfish or koi being kept in a 55 gallon like you see online so often..

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Can you import from All Thailand Fancy Guppies? ATFG. I am interested in some of their strains.

Doza

Cory said:
Can you import from All Thailand Fancy Guppies? ATFG. I am interested in some of their strains.
That some good stuff their.. great Guppies.. id love to get some of them..

yes i can ,i believe im on their listings as a transhipper for them ,if not ill make it so,the shipment coordinator in Thai i was working with off of aquabid has lost his license and my new partner is the owner of great betta farm ,,,@ the moment he is in norther Thailand judging a big anual betta competition,when my other partner and i were in full swing twice a month we were moving any where from 6 to 12 , 30 kilo boxes with flowerhorn wild betta ,fancy betta and fighters,guppies and loads of cichlids ,misc other stuff.

we will begin at the new year with what hopefully will be a long lasting regular shipment partner ship.

i have been working off that site for around 6 years i have seen many of the farmers fish ,i have my favorites and im happy to recommend what i see as being the best.

im on my 4th partner there,

also i can get them to wholesale to me if the cost is too high for you /or yes they do seem unreasonable @ times,

i will let everyone know when ive worked out all the details with my new dude ,
also i am happy to have local pickup but i still ask that i get a small percentage of handling and import fee to help me with the fees i pay to file and pick up a shipment ,

o will make a new shipment break down chart for this next year so there are no surprises ,the bigger the shipment the cheaper for everyone ,i do the best i can to get fish for my shop @the same time to share the costs ,

thank you for asking so that i had this opportunity to share with everyone what im about,the avatar number is my currant contact ,if you google Seattle transshipper they have my old phone numbers listed

i will keep you posted