if you had a friend that was an importer

A

Anonymous

if you had a friend that was an importer,and were given the opportunity to have a wish list ,

what would you like to see available?

ive had the honor to get to know some of you from this forum this week,those of you that have come in are aware that i love to have suggested fish,it gives me the chance to learn about other types of fish that people keep and since i order in quantity, i get to learn how to care for them in my shop ,

what would you wish for???

being legal of course

im putting in an order on Wednesday afternoon,,,not sure what country yet,it all depends on the ideas

peace

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I'd love to pitch in ideas but unfortunately you are too far away for me to get fish from. By the way. Great looking angelfish.

Doza

I say Mbunas but i love mbunas to the core and of late i cannot find any wc mbunas for the life of me. We have many mbuna keepers on this site let alone i could only imagine this state..
These are the fish i would be interested in:

I would have to say on the very top i would have to put the Labeotropheus fuelleborni.
Most fuelleborni available to us are mutts and who knows their actual ancestry.. I have seen alot of katales flying around but that is all i see for the fuelleborni and they have some great variants from different locales.

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Chidunga Rocks) LINK HERE
image.php

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Hora Mhango)
image.php

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Katale) LINK HERE
image.php

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Nakantenga)
image.php

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Makanjila Point) LINK HERE
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Chimwalani Reef) LINK HERE
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Chinyankwazi Island) LINK HERE
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Likoma Island) LINK HERE
Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Makanjila Point) LINK HERE

Here is the fuelleborni list..

Unknown Fuelleborni.It says katale but its no katale ive ever seen.. I want to find these..
Lfuelleborni_Katale2.jpg

Cynotilapia afra "Hai Reef"
C_afra_hai_reef.jpg

Cynotilapia sp. "white top hara" Gallireya Reef
image.php

Cynotilapia afra (Jalo Reef)
image.php

Pseudotropheus demasoni (Pombo Rocks)
image.php

Pseudotropheus saulosi Taiwan reef
image.php

Pseudotropheus sp. "polit" Lion's Cove
image.php

Labidochromis caeruleus (Lion's Cove I).... Yes i know just a yellow lab but this strain is stunning.. Butiful thick black strip on the dorsal
image.php

Metriaclima greshakei (Albino)
image.php

A

Anonymous

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I'd love to pitch in ideas but unfortunately you are too far away for me to get fish from. By the way. Great looking angelfish.

i ship fish to other countries friend,your not to far,,,please play along here it could be fun

i used to bring in 400 to 1600 blue angels per month ,ill most likely order 50 or so this week,along with some koi angels and spotted gar,

peace

Doza

Kianna said:
I've been trying to find locally a couple of different hillstream loaches. I see them every once in a great while but only 1 here or there. They should be kept in groups so ordering a large amount would be ideal.

Sewellia lineolata

http://wpblogit.com/riveraquarium/2010/09/11/loaches/

Gastromyzon ctenocephalus (This is my favorite)

http://www.loaches.com/species-index/gastromyzon-ctenocephalus

wetspot in portland used to bring these in... Try contacting wetspotcx on Aquabid..

Kaosu

You already have what i want ^_^..but
Clarks Feed and seed in Bellingham has these quite regularly

sewell10.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
big fish aquatics said:
ShortyKiloGyrl said:

i ship fish to other countries friend,your not to far,,,please play along here it could be fun

i used to bring in 400 to 1600 blue angels per month ,ill most likely order 50 or so this week,along with some koi angels and spotted gar,

peace
I honestly don't hav the money to pay for shipping costs or else I would. Thanks anyhow though. :)

But my input is Pinoy Angels!! lol :)

And I agree with the Hillstream Loach as well.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I believe from what I understand I already have a Koi angelfish that lays eggs about once a month. She doesn't have a male though to fertilize or the other angel I have isn't a match to her. It hasn't laid eggs or fertilized so I'm unsure of sex. :(

Wolf-Keeper1

Hoplias aimara hands down. You bring me that fish and I will have a friend that's an importer. I will settle fir the black wolf aswell. I forgot the scientific name for that guy.

A

Anonymous

Wolf-Keeper1 said:
Hoplias aimara hands down. You bring me that fish and I will have a friend that's an importer. I will settle fir the black wolf aswell. I forgot the scientific name for that guy.

this one?
HOPLIAS MALABARICUS

they are available

finsandfeathers

Hypescelera Temparalis - would love to have a big ol' lunker male for my girls.

Would like a couple new species of killis as never got a spawn from a pair that were the newest thing a couple years ago.

Altum angels would be a nice addition to the angels that I already have.

Doza - Have a great colony of Labeotropheus Fuelleborni the original stock were WC, have youngsters available about every 3 months if your ever interested. There has been nothing else in the tank for years except them until recently adding some juvie Acei's. They are all OB occassionally get a solid but they turn out a stunning bluish/purple with orange fins as adults one of these times going to keep some and see what kind of fry I get from them.

A

Anonymous

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I believe from what I understand I already have a Koi angelfish that lays eggs about once a month. She doesn't have a male though to fertilize or the other angel I have isn't a match to her. It hasn't laid eggs or fertilized so I'm unsure of sex. :(

i have over 100 angels now and there is a tank of 30 sub adults that are getting frisky,@ one time i was an angel only hatchery at home ,i was running 18 pairs and putting into circulation an average of 5000 per month ,what a blast,my garage looked like a laboratory,

i just sold my last pair of yearling pinoy breeders,to an Asian man from Renton,

dont loose hope due to shipping ,anything is possible among friends,blue angels are definitely coming ,along with koi

this has been a very fun bunch of feedback

thanks

protocl

Even though This LFS does purchase all the fishes mentioned, will this be a silent promise to buy from him?
He mentioned that he will take in consideration the species mentioned from fellow members, but if he orders 100 of XXX, sells only 3 of them; what happens next?

I believe, special ordering within a reasonable amount of fishes for a specific person, after that...let's say 10 or 15 is left up for grabs, is reasonable.

A

Anonymous

Kaosu said:
You already have what i want ^_^..but
Clarks Feed and seed in Bellingham has these quite regularly

sewell10.jpg

oops there went that idea ,,,,lmao

Kaosu

:( sorry was not trying to do that :(,,,they are rather pricey there.
but! that dose not mean you cant have them to!!:p you are closer to allot more people on here, than Bellingham AND you ship...so :p Idea still in place

Kianna

Kaosu said:
:( sorry was not trying to do that :(,,,they are rather pricey there.
but! that dose not mean you cant have them to!!:p you are closer to allot more people on here, than Bellingham AND you ship...so :p Idea still in place

I hope my wish "fishy" is still being considered. :D

Bellingham is waaaay too far for me !

A

Anonymous

protocl said:
Even though This LFS does purchase all the fishes mentioned, will this be a silent promise to buy from him?
He mentioned that he will take in consideration the species mentioned from fellow members, but if he orders 100 of XXX, sells only 3 of them; what happens next?

I believe, special ordering within a reasonable amount of fishes for a specific person, after that...let's say 10 or 15 is left up for grabs, is reasonable.
great point friend ,and yes i do take into consideration what the odds are of selling a few of the other fish left in a reasonable amount of time .and as i look up the availability i also look up the care info to,,,,the number of fish ordered most of the time is controllable and varies by the size of the fish,,,,

example,,,i purchased 50 elect blue alhi males to test the waters,@4 inch,,,it went well so i got 120 @ 1.5 inch mixed sex,,,i hope that's a bit clearer.

the chocolate cichlid male will be challenging ,but im up for it ,ill check Taiwan,Thailand ,Malaysia ,china ,and the Philippines,so its a very exciting suggestion,and to have some to care for myself will be very welcome

the one fish two fish ,red fish blue fish ,is possible to but the deals like that are within the united states,

no worries i have until mid day Thursday to locate the fish