Host an Image not working?

Odd... the only thing I can guess is that Donna's browser is suddenly blocking pop-up windows, thus preventing the "host an image" window to pop up?

A

Anonymous

Oh. Donna are you using Android phone or pc? On my droid phone samsung note 2, I rebooted my phone it worked. I had the same problem awhile back. Thought I got in trouble and mods took that ability from me. Lol. Try  rebooting your phone or pc.

MRTom

The box comes and goes randomly (connection quality seems to have something to do). The angle I was looking at is that the code to render the textbox seems to depend implicitly on all image elements to be loaded locally before rendering the box. If you're on a slow connection and not all the images load quickly, you can get a foobar state where you get the flat box. This is why when you refresh or hit preview, you have a better chance of getting the thing working (because everything is cached locally). This is possibly worse on pages with more pictures on them. It is also probably due to server problems on the icon host. Unfortunately this is probably one of those issues that hopefully resolves itself magically over time (when someone at the host updates the server, or when forummotion quietly fixes the code on the website).

Donna, in the meantime, to get you posting, you can go to servimg directly: http://www.servimg.com/
Log in with your account, and should be able to post images directly. Then come back here and paste their image code as needed :D

Betty

Staff member
MRTom said:
When Donna goes to the Reply button (or preview also works), the host an image button doesn't work there. She clicks it but no window pops up.
I see -- I was thinking it was with the quick reply.  

Donna, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies?  I usually do that early on when I have a problem with one site and sometimes it actually fixes the problem.  :D

cichlid-gal

Betty...I've tried everything...so not sure why things have changed but its not the 1st time I've had problems that others don't...I'm just not sure why I pick these computers that do this... ackk...and the little faces don't work either...I was just gonna put a headbang...LOL

MRTom

Just type : wall : (without the spaces!)

Did going to servimg work for you? Or is that site entirely inaccessible?

cichlid-gal

I haven't tried going to that site Tom...I was looking for the link last night and couldn't find it...could you share it with me again? Thanks :wall:

Madness

Staff member
I see what you all are saying, duh lol. For me its not only the host an image that doesnt work, but neither does the emoticon tab.

Madness

Staff member
why do I want to go there Poke? That doesnt fix the links that are not working. :)

MRTom

The links that aren't working are hosted on that site. If you can't go there, it explains why the links aren't working. :)

Madness

Staff member
PokeSephiroth said:
Oh, I thought you meant that the link doesn't open up with you click on it. Hah.
The links that dont open are the emoticons in the above task bar and the host an image tab, when you first
post a message

MRTom

Again, if you are unable to use the "host an image" button, you can go to http://www.servimg.com directly and post your pictures there, then come back here and use the BBCode they give you on that site to link the pictures, just as you do with the "host an image" button. This isn't as pretty as using the easy host button, but it can unblock you while forum motion figures out what is going on.

cichlid-gal

I have a photobucket account...that's what I've been using again in the intreim...it will get fixed at some point...its OK...but the emoticons...now that...losing that too...that breaks my heart :(