Host an Image not working?

cichlid-gal

Don't know if its just me or if its the forum but when I am trying to post a reply and click on "host an image" nothing happens. Anyone else?

Betty

Staff member
I don't use that feature, but tried it and it seems to work for me...

p1020910.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks Betty, that reminded me to shave this morning!  :joker: 

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Can you describe exactly whats going on? I made a screenshot and am uploading it now to test it. If you can see the pic it works for me too.

cichlid-gal

I click on the host an image button and nothing comes up...no options for uploading, nothing. I'll try rebooting and see if that works. And yes, I see your pic Cory.

MRTom

cichlid-gal said:
I click on the host an image button and nothing comes up...no options for uploading, nothing.  I'll try rebooting and see if that works.  And yes, I see your pic Cory.
by nothing comes up, do you get a blank box, or nothing at all? Does a box come up for the "Insert an image" or "Insert a link" buttons?

cichlid-gal

Nope...no box...no nothing...I click it and nothing happens...my cursor just sits there and no boxes open up.

And many of the threads are giving me fits as far as replying...I've got squished boxes for the replies with no header (the part that holds the shortcuts)...I have to type something into the box and then do a preview to get the box to open up so I can use the shortcuts...probably something with my computer. It always seems to be glitchy with stuff. I don't know why.

MRTom

cichlid-gal said:
And many of the threads are giving me fits as far as replying...I've got squished boxes for the replies with no header (the part that holds the shortcuts)...I have to type something into the box and then do a preview to get the box to open up so I can use the shortcuts...probably something with my computer.  It always seems to be glitchy with stuff.  I don't know why.
You're not alone on getting the squished box, I'm getting that too. Instead of typing something and going into preview, can you do me a favor and refresh the page and see if the toolbar shows back up afterwards? If it does, then try to post a picture and see if it works then. I'm working on a complicated theory here based on forum feedback on the forummotion site, and the refresh case is different from the preview case.

Betty

Staff member
I have "squished" boxes for the quick reply as well, but I assumed that was from the AdBlocker that I use.

If I want to use anything from the toolbar or emoticons, I just click on the Reply button at the bottom left and that brings everything up.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That feature doesn't seem to work on my phone or when I use google chrome on my computer. I haven't tried any other browsers

cichlid-gal

MRTom said:
cichlid-gal said:
And many of the threads are giving me fits as far as replying...I've got squished boxes for the replies with no header (the part that holds the shortcuts)...I have to type something into the box and then do a preview to get the box to open up so I can use the shortcuts...probably something with my computer.  It always seems to be glitchy with stuff.  I don't know why.
You're not alone on getting the squished box, I'm getting that too. Instead of typing something and going into preview, can you do me a favor and refresh the page and see if the toolbar shows back up afterwards? If it does, then try to post a picture and see if it works then. I'm working on a complicated theory here based on forum feedback on the forummotion site, and the refresh case is different from the preview case.
Tried the refresh...didn't work and still no host an image option. Maybe it's Chrome...

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
odd. I posted this from chrome at work and from home. Not sure what's causing it.

Betty

Staff member
Donna, try using the Reply button for now. All of the features are there, including the image hosting.

Just to clarify, this is what people are seeing (for those who haven't noticed yet).

I'm not *totally* sure what's going on, there may have been a setting that disabled the features in the quick reply section, but all the features are there, when you press the "reply" button at the bottom left of the page.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please bear with us while we try to fix this issue. :)

MRTom

When Donna goes to the Reply button (or preview also works), the host an image button doesn't work there. She clicks it but no window pops up.