Here we are, more babies

lilfishie

Kingstature said:
Lilfish hit me up when these guys are available, Perhaps we can meet where we did last time? Canopy looks great by the way thanks for the hook up....
Great, glad its working for you.
I'll keep everyone updated on the babies.

Clogstonian

lilfishie said:
Carl you got to get rid of that avitar... your scaring me :pale:
have you seen that movie? . . Tim Curry in "It", he was also Dr Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror, another total hoot . .. ya, I'm old.

lilfishie

Clogstonian said:
lilfishie said:
Carl you got to get rid of that avitar... your scaring me :pale:
have you seen that movie? . . Tim Curry in "It", he was also Dr Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror, another total hoot . .. ya, I'm old.
I'm probably your age, but I have yet to see Rocky Horror Picture Show in its entirety. I've seen bits and pieces here and there. Yeah, I've seen "It". I've seen all steven kings movies. Well except Misery. I wont watch that one.

sandnuka

We are talkin like the movie "It" is old???? are we serious?? and lilfishe... Misery is the BEST! when she breaks those ankles... and great acting... as close to good as a book movie you can get!

lilfishie

sandnuka said:
We are talkin like the movie "It" is old???? are we serious?? and lilfishe... Misery is the BEST! when she breaks those ankles... and great acting... as close to good as a book movie you can get!
No I think the refernce to being old was to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Or have you not heard of it!

Clogstonian

sandnuka said:
obviously old is relative, but old for this crowd doesn't take much . . . no slam there!! :clown:

and "yes" in ref to RHPS, I've seen it probably 10 times, the Varsity theater use to show it every friday night for . . . wow, it was many many years (10?), my fav was the night everyone dressed up like their favorite character and they had a custome judging contest on the stage before the movie . . . there is a ton of audience participation too, people throw rice during the wedding scene, they bring squirt guns and umbrellas for the rain scene and yell for Brad to "kick the tire" just prior to when he does it . . a total hoot.

lilfishie

Just had to share a few more pics of the babies
DSC05491.jpg

DSC05494.jpg

DSC05493.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

lilfishie

Just an update. There were 29 babies in that batch. I have 17 left. Actually 5 of those are spoken for.
:) I now have about another 30 just emerging from there egg stage.

Thank goodness I picked up a FREE 40 gal tank and stand today. I am going to move the older babies to the 40. Id like to move them all. We'll see if I can manage to do that before they all emerge from the cave.

Anyone interested in them let me know.

lilfishie

ledieudufromage said:
Is that a bone in your tank? I've been wanting to do that for ages. How is it working out?
No, I have no bones in my tanks. You may be referring to the shish kabob stick that I am using to secure t piece of cucumber. Or a rock!
check out my videos. No bones ;)

ledieudufromage

lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:
Is that a bone in your tank? I've been wanting to do that for ages. How is it working out?
No, I have no bones in my tanks. You may be referring to the shish kabob stick that I am using to secure t piece of cucumber. Or a rock!
What is that in your first and second picture then?

lilfishie

ledieudufromage said:
lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:
Kinda does look like a bone, doesn't it! No, just a rock. There are more shots of the tank in these videos

http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/IPisces/Videos/?action=view&current=BNPlecoBabies.mp4
http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/IPisces/Videos/?action=view&current=BosemaniRainbowsplecos.mp4

ledieudufromage

lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:
lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:
Kinda does look like a bone, doesn't it! No, just a rock. There are more shots of the tank in these videos

http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/IPisces/Videos/?action=view&current=BNPlecoBabies.mp4
http://s998.photobucket.com/albums/af103/IPisces/Videos/?action=view&current=BosemaniRainbowsplecos.mp4
Terrible internet here, sadly. I guess it is just a desire of mine to find someone with experience putting bones in a tank.

lilfishie

ledieudufromage said:
lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:
lilfishie said:
ledieudufromage said:

Terrible internet here, sadly. I guess it is just a desire of mine to find someone with experience putting bones in a tank.
Real animal bones? Should be able to just boil the crap out of them for a few hours and then bake them at a low temp (approx 325 degrees) for an hour or so to dry it out and kill anything that might be left on it and then soak it in fresh treated water or RO/DI water for a few days with daily 100% water changes.