Here we are, more babies

lilfishie

They have emerged. But not too far. Dad wont let them get outside of the rim of the hole. One of them ventured out along the rock and dad came up and shewed him/her back into the hole with his tail. It was so cute. I count 9 so far.
Heres the babies and dad
IMG_0459.jpg

Babies
IMG_0455.jpg

And Mom
IMG_0458.jpg

Clogstonian

Those BN's make great fathers! very cool how he corrals them.

Could you post a picture of the males head, I'd like to see how the bristle are developing . . . thanks!!

Oh, I ended up selling the stiphodon tonight, the Fish Store has more, females too but they need brackish water to have any hope of spawning.

Clogstonian

is that an albino baby in there? that's amazing is so, means both sets of pairs I had, had the gene, I have albies too

let me know when you want to swing by and pick up for the gene diversification program

carl

lilfishie

No, its not an albino. I dont think anyway. Just his underbelly. A couple of them from what I can see have some really neat patterns on them though.

Give me a few weeks on the trade. I'd like these guys to get a little bigger before letting them go. They just officially left their cave early yesterday.

Clogstonian

lilfishie said:
No, its not an albino. I dont think anyway. Just his underbelly. A couple of them from what I can see have some really neat patterns on them though.

Give me a few weeks on the trade. I'd like these guys to get a little bigger before letting them go. They just officially left their cave early yesterday.
i have just a tad more patients than my 12yr old but I will dig deep

lilfishie

Well, I took a head count this evening and I "see", there could be more, but I see 15 babies.
Heres a pic of their Dad. He did a great job.
Aint he gorgeous!
DSC05490.jpg

sandnuka

These dont get really big do they? Are they slow growing? How much time does it take to get to full maturity?

lilfishie

sandnuka said:
These dont get really big do they? Are they slow growing? How much time does it take to get to full maturity?
They get to about 5" long full grown. They grow fairly rapidly. They are a half inch in length now and should be an inch long in about 3 weeks. At about another month after that They will become available. They should be about 1.5" long by then.

Kingstature

Lilfish hit me up when these guys are available, Perhaps we can meet where we did last time? Canopy looks great by the way thanks for the hook up....